Chapter 56 - Gnome

Start from the beginning

"Okay okay, let's just go in"

We open the door and as we enter the smithy, I can't help but take a quick look around. There is a forge right close by to the entrance with a filtration system set up above it looking similar to something that gets placed above a stove but also similar to a modern AC unit, just stone in nature.

The store is stacked to the shelfs filled with weapons, armour and even stuff like clothing that maybe adventures might use. It's clear this guy is more than just a simple blacksmith from all this.

"Well well well, if isn't the blind demon Petra herself? Come to try and rob me even more?"

I really would like to know more reasons why Petra is so popular with the dwarfs but there's probably loads, from the sounds of it she spent a long amount of time here so it's possibly just something like helping loads of people out. I've basically thought that already though.

This guy once again looks just like a stereotypical dwarf, he does have a slight scar over one of his eyes though but still can see from it.

"Heh, you always have owed me gnome, how many times have I saved you from complete bankruptcy?"

"Urgh, always hated that fucking nickname, you do have a point though. I could work for another hundred years and still never pay you back for all the favours you've provided me with, who's your friend?"

"Her's names Ikarus and she's the reason why we're here, have some more enchanted gear once again"

"Seriously? Something like this again?..."

Petra's done something like this before? Maybe her robe was made by this guy then. He does seem to hold a slight amount of irritation, don't know if it's aimed at Petra or he's just a grumpy guy.

"... Look Petra, there's only so much these old bones can do, you must know how weak and frail I've become this past decade or so"

Ah crap, while those two are talking, I haven't checked something out yet. Need to know how dwarfs work.

'Oi, statusss'

[Name: Garry | Species: Dwarf | Level: 123]

[Health 5,000/5,000]

[Stamina 4,033/5,000]

[Magicka 2,300/2,300]

'Old and frail? He's not exactly OP but this guy looks like he's trying to scam Petra or something, his stats aren't that bad but it's a good thing she's having none of it. His stat distribution seems to be the same as a human as well, guess most humanish races have a one times multiplier then.'

"Garry the gnome... how much was it you owe me again? Could always pay the guard a visit"

"Urgh... fine then, show me the gear and I'll see what I can do with it..."

Their relationship is definitely odd but there is another issue right now though.

'Fuck, I forgot I'm already wearing the damn thing'

"... Hurry it up, I don't have all day woman"

Garry the gnome is really getting impatient with me, there's nowhere I can take my clothes off here in his shop, I need to think how to do this.

"Just give me a second, alright?

Petra immediately senses somethings up and accidently reveal's my secret.

"Ikarus, you're wearing it under your clothing already, right?"

"..."

My silence is a clear answer, the dwarf knows what's up as well know.