11

Sorry for taking time with this chapter. Got busy but here's a quick filler before we get into it.

***

"Morning, every one! I'm home! I'm going to my room to... brush my hair."

"Oh Felix. How are—" Felix dashed into his room, with a huge black hoodie drowning his frame and huge sunglasses.

"Felix!" His mother called. Chan appeared swiftly at the counter in front of Felix mother. His hands on the kitchen counter like he was trying to block her from following after him.

"Morning Miss Lee."

"Chan? Morning. Nice to see I'm getting a warm welcome after Felix ran away for most of the week."

"Sorry, we wanted to see each other this week. It was only convenient to have him over."

"I don't know what you have in your house that makes him to eager to live so much. I hope you aren't playing too much?"

"No. There's too much school work to think about that. In fact we worked better together."

Felix stood out in the passage as he eavesdropped at their conversation.

"Actually we've been talking about that trip. He's really excited about it."

"Are you sure? I didn't know Felix liked to be in leadership positions. Said it was too much added work especially since he needs more time to work on his subjects."

"I'll help him in that regard. He said that he wanted to go with me."

"Typical. He's attached to you at the hip. Don't give him the liberty, he should grow independent."

"Mom!" Felix shouted from the hallway before slapping his mouth closed for disclosing he was listening to their conversation. He hoped she didn't notice the change in his voice.

"You know it's true Felix. How will you navigate the world on your own if you always need Chan to help you. He won't always be here at your every beck and call."

Chan looked back at where Felix was hiding. He hoped he didn't take that too literally, he'll always there for him.

"Here's the indemnity form ma'am."

"Gosh okay." She held it up to her face. "Do I need to pay?"

"Nope, it's all free."

"Thank goodness." She went over to fill in form.

Chan turned to give Felix a thumbs up from where he hid at the passage. Their plan was working!

"Here." She handed Chan the form. "And will you stop hiding there like a gangster at a corner." She made contact with Felix's frame hiding by a hallway.

Felix retracted.

"What are you hiding?"

"Nothing." He replied in tiny.

"Felix. Come take this." She handed the form over.

"But—"

"Hurry."

"Felix slowly emerged from the place he was hiding. His head facing down as he revealed himself— or rather— herself.

"Lix?" He looked at him. Almost frozen.

"Miss Lee. That's—"

"What are you wearing?" She asked confused. Looking up and down at his oversized hoodie, beanie and oversized black mosquito sunglasses.