5

Felix rushed out of his second period into the hallway to hopefully catch Ryujin trotting around somewhere. It was a huge misfortune that he didn't know what classes she took and when— heck, they weren't even in the same grade.

Felix spent time scanning heads of black after black hair before deciding that Ryujin wouldn't show here, if she would, he'd have seen her here by now. So he turned around to rush to another half of the school when he crashed into another figure.

Felix's books fell down, along with the person's in front of him. The books crashing and mixing into one pile. They crouched down at the same time to sort their books, their hands accidentally finding each other in the chaos.

"Sorry about that." The voice in front of him said.

"Hyunjin." Felix said, recognising the figure before him. "Of course. Hey, I don't have time for this right now, there's someone I have to find."

Hyunjin stopped. Staring right at the girl in front of him like the world stopped.

"What?" Felix quipped.

"I'm sorry, have we met before?"

Felix retracted, hoping that he hadn't rubbed two brain cells together and possibly figured out that he was… she was… "Nope. Never seen you before."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"I think I've seen you somewhere."

"No you haven't. I just arrived. I— Bye... I have homework to hand in."

"Wait… your book."

"Bye." Felix said before running off to class. Leaving Hyunjin to be on his own.

He couldn't possibly find Ryujin now, it was late and she was probably settled in class. So his best move now was to get to class, earlier — as to not be in trouble with the teacher. He could not afford to draw attention now.

He sat down for math and let out a heavy sigh. Felix hated being in class today, he was so restless that he could not concentrate on a single thing being said in any of his classes. All his mind could think of was Ryujin.

He nearly shouted out in relief when the bell for lunch rang. His seatmates might have been thinking that he was way to eager to fill his stomach. The opposite was true actually; food was the last thing on his mind

He and Chan met at their usual table at the cafeteria.

"Any success?" Chan asked.

"Clearly not." He referred to his unchanged body. "I couldn't find her at all."

"I thought as much. I don't know which class she just came out from but she usually sits around here. I'm sure she'll show up soon enough."

"Hopefully. I can't keep waiting." Felix said as he noticed his friends approaching the table, giving the two curious looks as the sat down with their trays.

"Hi..." Minho greeted, uncertainty dancing in his voice.  Changbin followed with a greeting of his own as well.

"Hey." Felix greeted casually though absent-mindedly. His eyes occassionally scanning the crowd with his back towards them.

"So, the rumours are true?"

Changbin eyebrows were raised, almost meeting his hairline. His eyes hardened like he was in the middle of cracking a case.

"What rumours?" Chan asked as he took a sip out of his pineapple juice box.

Changbin and Minho didn't say a single word but their eyes spoke for themselves as their gazes were set between Chan and the new stranger.