Miss. Law Breaker

Happy 4th of July even though I hate America !

—————————————————————————

Late 4th of July update thanks to my slow ass editor.

—————————————————————————

Courtney stiffly followed behind the man as sultry music filled her ears.

She tried to ignore the practically naked women she walked by that were dancing sexually on the pole and on stage.

"I hope you like this place, miss. Romano, your friend put a lot of effort with their- well... now your share of the club. Such a shame." The man said, shaking his head in pity while leading Courtney to the bar.

Courtney sat down and saw a girl that was practically topless tending the bar tender. 

"I can uh see." Courtney replied feeling a bit uncomfortable with the perky breasts that were right across from her.

"Would you like a drink, Mrs. Romano?" The man sat down next to her before turning to the redhead bartender. "Give me a shot of tequila and whatever she wants is in the house."

"No thanks. Um, you can just get the papers that I received and the other papers to resign my share of the club." Courtney interjected just wanting to leave. She's never been to anywhere like this place and it's making her super uncomfortable.

The man nodded and walked away to get the papers.

One of her great uncles passed away. She never really knew him but apparently he thought it would be great for her to inherit a strip club called "Magenta's Paradise". She didn't have a clue why a 97 year old man had anything like this at his age nor thought it was an amazing idea to give her the club. But she just thought he was drunk while he was writing the will.

Which led her to here. Her sitting in the middle of a club with weird guys and naked women everywhere. And a short bald guy named Oswald, trying to convince Courtney to not sell her share.

"Romano? I've heard that name before. Sounds really familiar." The bartender said with her face scrunching with concentration.

Oh well, it's a common name.

Courtney said shrugging, not really interested in having a conversation with a girl wearing nipple covers for a top.

"It's a guy who comes in sometimes... I forgot his name." She said, snapping her fingers trying to jog her memory.

Courtney looked around for the guy impatiently trying to see if she could just take the papers home so she could leave this place.

"Duncan! That's his name. Duncan Romano!" The girl exclaimed.

Courtney froze before clearing her throat. It couldn't possibly be Duncan, her husband. He's working and always home. He's never cheated before; why would he be here of all places?

She realized she was spiraling and jumping to conclusions.

There's probably a lot of guys here or that come by with the name--

"Yeah, that's it. Green Mohawk, striking eyes, and a sexy smile. I remember him definitely." She said with a dreamy sigh then biting her lip.

Courtney's blood boiled. Duncan is dead when she gets home. Footsteps were approaching her but she didn't bother turning to face them, she was too pissed off to care.

"I have the papers. Even though this is a huge change for you, this is a really good club. We're in our prime since we opened 5 years ago. At least think about it?" Oswaldo tried to persuade, setting the papers on the bar.