Twenty-Five

Cordelia's POV

"You're okay darling!" Nana says and I nodded with a smile when Mommy, Dr. Bailey and the interns entered the room.

"Okay Dr. O'Malley you're presenting." Dr. Bailey says while I give Nana's hand a gentle squeeze.

"Okay Dr. Grey is post-op day three from a tumour re-section." George says, causing Nana to shake her head.

"Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. He's got it all wrong. It's not asthma it's gerd. He needs a nissen fundoplication." Nana tells us.

"Nana, you already helped with that case. You needed surgery and that is what George is presenting." I signed to Nana who gives me a fond smiley before kissing my cheek.

"You are absolutely right darling." Nana says, causing Izzie to glare at me and I stuck my tongue out at her in response.

"This is why Cordelia's my favourite." Dr. Bailey says with a smile before ushering everyone out of the room.

"Darling, you will do wonderful things in life. No matter what you want to do as a career, I'll support you. You have a gift that many other people don't have. You're an extremely compassionate person with a heart of gold. Remember that and don't let anyone take that away from you." Nana says bed hugging me and I hugged her back.

"I promise to make you proud of me." I signed to my grandmother.

"You already make me proud of you darling." Nana tells me before her smile disappears.

"Nana?" I signed out in worry.

"Matthew is an evil man. As a child he did horrible things to animals and his school mates. I tried to get him some help with the best psychiatrists money could buy, but he couldn't be helped. Your mother only learned about this when she found you. Cordelia, you aren't like Matthew because you have emotions and he doesn't." Nana tells me with tears falling down her face and I wiped them away using my thumb.

                                      *********************

Meredith's POV

"Skipping rounds my love?" Addison asks me as she arrives at the elevator beside me.

"Avoiding Dr. Shepherd so I don't kick his ass."

"Where is our little angel?" Addison asks me.

"With Mom." The elevator arrived and we both got in the elevator before pressing the buttons to our floors. Addison cups my cheeks with her hands and kisses me when the elevator opens and Derek enters.

"Well isn't this cozy. Can I join in or are you not into threesomes?" Derek asks, causing me to roll my eyes at him.

"The only Shepherd that I will ever have a threesome with is Amelia."

"You really are Satan, you realize that right? If Satan were to take physical form he'd be you, everywhere all the time." Derek tells Addison.

"If Addison was really Satan, you'd be burning in Hell for what you did to our daughter. Even criminals don't like child abusers."

"Just know that the reason you aren't in jail right now is because Cordelia doesn't want to press charges. But know this, we will make your life miserable for hurting her." Addison says when the elevator stops on my floor and I walked out. Walking towards a patient's room, I see that Dr. Bailey is already there waiting for me and the patient was reading a book.

"I thought I told you I never want to see you again." Dr. Bailey tells our patient with a fond smile on her face.

"That's only cause you're too lazy to learn anything more." The patient tells Dr. Bailey, who playfully scoffs.

"Dr. Meredith Grey, Jeremiah Tait. He thinks he knows so much cause he was one of my first patients as an intern." Dr. Bailey introduced the two of us.

"I knew as much as she did. She was clueless about how to treat cystic fibrosis. A simple collosectomy turned into a month long stay." Jeremiah explained to me with a fond smile.

"Better not be alleging malpractice. Guy raises about a hundred grand a year for cystic fibrosis running triathlons. Thinks he's a big shot." Dr. Bailey says.

"You run triathlons?"

"Why not?" Jeremiah asks with a playful shrug.

"Pain for one. Says here you're finally admitting to feeling a little." Dr. Bailey tells Jeremiah.

"Only enough to keep me awake at night. Had some seizures. Um...too weak to work out." Jeremiah tells us.

"Now, has anyone been through here with your CT results?" Dr. Bailey asks Jeremiah.

"No. It's probably just my pancreatitis kicking up again." Jeremiah responded with a smile.

"Alright then. We'll be back with your results and a plan. Now, where do your parents think you are this time?" Dr. Bailey asks him.

"Hmm. New Jersey." Jeremiah says before Dr. Bailey and I leave the room.

"What about his parents?"

"No he doesn't like to bother them until he's well or he's about to get discharged. He understands his reality. He just chooses to ignore it. Denial works for him Grey." Dr. Bailey tells me.

                                        **************************

Cordelia's POV

Walking to the nurses' station, I see Cristina in her wheelchair reading a chart and I look into a room to see a woman taking a pill. Tapping Cristina's arm, she looks up at me and I point to the woman's room.

"Cristina, is that lady supposed to be taking pills?" I signed to Cristina who shakes her head in response.

"I saw that. I saw you take that pill." Cristina yells at the woman.

"Oh it's, it's my pill. You know the pill." The woman says before looking over at me with a smile.

"It's ah not in your chart and you're supposed to tell us the meds you're on." Cristina tells the woman.

"You're not my doctor. You shouldn't even be here." The woman tells Cristina.

"It was my fault. I saw you taking the medication and wanted to make sure you are okay. My name is Cordelia Elise Grey-Forbes Montgomery." I signed to the woman.

"Kalpana Vera and it's alright honey. But she still shouldn't be here." Kalpana tells me when Izzie walks over to us.

"She's right. You shouldn't be here. Neither should you retard." Izzie tells us and Kalpana glares at her.

"I saw her take unauthorized medication." Cristina tells Izzie.

"I'm on the pill and I had grapefruit juice this morning, so since the juice inhibits enzymes involved in the metabolism of OCPs I thought I'd avoid the interaction by taking it two hours after my meal. Also don't call this sweet gem a retard!" Kalpana tells Izzie before flashing me another smile when she falls to ground and I press the button to call a nurse.

"She's in V-FIB." Cristina says while Izzie goes on the ground to help Kalpana.

"Call the code." Izzie yells before hitting Kalpana's chest and her heart monitor doesn't beep loudly anymore. A few nurses entered the room and looked at us.

"No code?" The male nurse asks us.

"No. Can you please help Izzie and Cristina put her back into bed?" I signed to the nurse before going to help Cristina into her wheelchair.

"Baby Grey, you shouldn't be doing that. It will hold back your recovery." Cristina explains to me and I nodded in response before leaving.