THIRTEEN.

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐
chapter thirteen:
oficial
[official]
└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

GAME DAY ARRIVED, and you were excited about seeing diego on the field. this would've been your first time seeing him play in person, so you had time to prep before the game. in assistance, vivianna was there to explain you simple terms.

"so you don't know what halftime means?" vivianna intensely stares at you.

"i know what that is," you said, "first half is usually forty-five minutes. same with the second half. ninety minutes!"

"are you sure diego didn't explain to you what he does when playing football?"

you assured, "nope. you're always the one blabbing about this stuff to me anyway."

vivianna felt proud. she pats your shoulder, "okay good. people are going to be invested in you."

you were seated in your couch, jaw dropped. you scoffed, "you really think people are going to care about a fucking luxury worker?"

"obviously," vivianna exaggerates, "you're dating one of the biggest heartthrobs in mexican football right now."

you groaned, "okay, so how do i hide?"

"come on y/n. we saw those comments on tiktok, they like you!"

you crossed your arms, "but that doesn't mean that everyone likes me. there's always haters."

"most of them just come from jealously, and they're most likely unemployed fucks that have nothing else to do in their lives. that's how you know you made it."

you still didn't confide in her. "and if i receive death threats from thirteen year olds on tiktok, i'll put the blame on you."

vivianna sighed, "you beefing with them will make the situation worse, just saying."

you rolled your eyes at her and groaned, "fine, i'll put myself out there then."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

with the game being halfway done, you were rooting for diego throughout. however, his time was cut short, as got substituted for another player.

"why is he being replaced?" you whispered to vivianna, who was examining the players. the stadium was loud, so vivianna couldn't listen to what you said. "que paso?"

you repeat, "why is he being replaced?"

"oh!" vivianna proceeds to explain more football rules. "a player gets substituted due to tactical reasons, poor performance, time, injury, or yellow card. also, there's apparently a new coach for the team."

you were a bit disappointed that diego didn't play for enough time, but you were still proud on all the effort he made on that field. you continued to root for mexico, now cheering for his other teammates.

one of the mexican players ran across the field, aiming to score a goal. you and vivianna shouted, "vamos, vamos, vamos!"

the mexican player then scored a goal for the team, with the crowd going crazy. "golazo!"