TWO.

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐
chapter two:
la cena
[the dinner]
└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

YOU WALKED back into the store, acting as if nothing happened. vivianna was already in the counters waiting for you. "so, anything interesting happened between you and diego?"

you told her the story of how you bumped into each other. however, you excluded the part when he offered you the dinner with him. "we just bumped into each other, that's all."

going into the office, you tried finding your manager, bianca, to tell her that you're leaving your shift early.

"bianca, donde estas?" you called.

"aqui estoy, y/n," bianca was organizing the bottom section of her desk, "how may i help you?"

"this was last-minute, but i have to leave my shift early because of a family event."

"family event? thanksgiving ya paso mijita."

"it's a different family event. anyway, vivianna is still inside the store and i called in another co-worker to watch the store as well."

bianca sighed, "since i trust you, i'll let you go early. good night and i'll see you tomorrow."

"thank you, and you too."

you awkwardly fixed your purse and silently walked back outside the store. you didn't say a goodbye to vivianna, who was still teasing you about earlier. outside, you meet with diego, who was still sitting at the bench.

"are you ready?" diego asked and you nodded.

"yeah, i talked with my manager and she allowed me to finish my shift early."

diego started walking and you were right behind him, not knowing what way he was going to take you to. once he was outside the luxurious department store, he carefully held your hand to walk towards his car.

since today was your "lucky" day, you didn't have to drive yourself to the store. instead, you had an uber driver to take you in the morning, and now that diego was your night driver, you have now saved a bit of your money.

"vas a encantar este lugar." diego kept an eye on the road, and he seemed pretty excited about taking you to this restaurant date. the building started showing up, with the glowing uppercase letters reading 'NOBU.'

you never ate at nobu before, thinking it'd be too much for your budget, especially for a restaurant. you knew the restaurant because of those anon-submitted celebrity spottings via deuxmoi that randomly pop up on your instagram stories. now thinking about it, you felt like a fucking celebrity.

"nobu," you stuttered, "i-"

you were speechless. diego opened the door for you and he held your hand to make sure you get off your seat safe. you both began walking to the restaurant's entrance, and got immediately greeted by a waitress.

"bienvenidos a nobu! una mesa para cuantos personas?"

diego states, "dos personas, por favor."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

you and diego found a table, and there was an awkward silence between you two at the beginning. you two started looking at the menu, and a waiter had his notes ready once both of you lay down the menu. after the waiter left, you and diego looked at each other.