TEN.

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐
chapter ten:
un dia mas
[one more day]
└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

"HELLO?" you picked up your phone. the call was coming from bianca.

"hi y/n. just wanted to let you know that you return to work this tuesday."

you nod at your manager, responding back. "yeah, i'll be back in mexico by monday."

"see you in a few days." bianca hung up, and you placed the phone onto the nightstand.

"fuck," you said to yourself, "was i on vacation for long?"

"hmm?" a sleepy voice chimes in. diego was somewhat asleep, but after hearing you mumbling, he knew that something was wrong.

"it's about my job," you explained, "i have to be there by tuesday. what's today?"

diego grabbed the phone from the nightstand, "it's sunday."

"fuck..."

it was then settled by diego that he was going to dedicate the day to you. he didn't like seeing you stressed, so he started the day off by making breakfast for you and his family.

"desayuno!" diego shouted from the kitchen. his family started making their way to the table, and you joined afterwards.

"thank you diego." you sat down, and diego gave you a quick kiss on the forehead.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

you were laying next to diego in bed, "i'm sorry that i have to cut this vacation short."

"you don't have to apologize y/n."

diego played with your hair for a little, and you started to feel a bit better. you switched sides, now facing diego. his face lit up, and you smiled back.

you giggled, "is there anything you want to tell me?"

"yeah," diego smiled, "i actually wanted to take you on a date."

you wanted to know more details, "to where?"

"anywhere."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

by the next hour, you and diego were outside, exploring the spanish nature. near the bridge, there was plenty of places to shop and eat, and you decided to take a break from looking outside to go to one of those places.

"mira diego!" you were holding his hand, taking him a cafe.

you and him both entered the cafe, with the scent of coffee immediately kicking in. the environment is cozy, yet quaint, with warm lighting and decor filled with plants and frames hanging by the walls. you and diego took a seat next to the sweet aroma of the bakery stand.

a barista came in your way, having a notepad and pen taken out. you ordered a drink with a pastry while diego ordered a croissant and a coffee.

while waiting for the meal to come, you and diego have another sweet conversation.

diego sighed, "this is it..."