Chapter Thirteen- Verbal Fight

Start from the beginning

"we didn't tell you right away because Abrariel was very upset about it, how did you find out?" Raziel asked as he made himself a bowl of cereal.

"the way he acted before he went to the hospital with fever, he was acting like my mother when she was pregnant with my little brother," Telantes muttered, "that's how I knew."

Raziel leaned against the counter by the stove, his bowl of cereal in one hand, spoon in the other, wings half open and bent against the counter. So, Telantes had a brother? Interesting. "what was his name?"

"Maxis."

"nice name."

"I would rather not talk about it," Telantes muttered starting on his toast.

Raziel respected his wish for privacy and secrecy, it wasn't like he didn't have things he was hiding himself, he said no more on the topic. He watched as Telantes finished his toast quickly and left the table, Raziel was sure he saw a planning look in his eyes as he left, and he didn't like it.

*

Abrariel woke, it was sunset, and he felt very sick to the stomach suddenly, he got up quickly and rushed to his bathroom, throwing up into the toilet. He peaked out his bedroom door when he felt a little better, it was just dark enough for him to leave his room. He slipped out, closing his door behind him, he nearly ran into Telantes who was coming up the hall.

"Oh, sorry Telantes!" Abrariel moved aside to let the Demon pass.

Telantes said nothing, just snarled at him, hatred clear in his eyes, he didn't continue walking, "what do you want bloodsucker?" He asked, his voice dripping venom.

Abrariel flinched a little, it was an insult he hadn't heard in a few years, he brushed it off. "How was your day?" Abrariel asked, wanting to try and get on the Demon's good side, after all, they couldn't fight forever.

Telantes hissed, "it's none of your business."

"Oh, ok, what did you have for dinner?" Abrariel's voice was light, friendly.

Telantes snarled and shouldered past him, shoving Abrariel against the wall, he went to his room and slammed the door shut hard. Abrariel stared then sighed, looked like he would have to work hard to get Telantes to like him, break the hatred, but he was willing to do it. He went to the kitchen, eager for breakfast, as he got the bottle out of fridge, Raziel entered the kitchen.

"Did I hear a door slam?" he asked.

Abrariel nodded as he took the lid off his bottle, "I must have said something wrong."

"Did you have a fight?"

Abrariel looked at the Angel who was leaning against the wall by the arch, he shook his head, "no, I just said some friendly words, trying to make amends, it's a work in progress though," he started drinking.

"Your trying to become friends?" Raziel asked, sounding a little surprised.

"Yes, we got off on the wrong foot, we can't fight forever. Anyway, the baby doesn't need to hear us fighting all the time," Abrariel murmured taking another swing of his drink.

Raziel said nothing, not at once. "It's a good thing you're trying to become friends, Telantes will come around, just don't push yourself on him too much, but keep working on him, you will build the friendship no matter what," he murmured at last, smiling at him.

Abrariel gave a small smile back and finished his breakfast, putting the bottle by the sink, "when is Telantes meant to go to bed?" he asked.

"In an hour, why?"