"I heard you very clearly." Came Cordelia's immediate answer.

"Now please, tell me what it is you just mentioned."

FINALLY getting the answer to her question, Cordelia immediately left the brothel. Her breath became more shaky as she walked down the busy streets of the capital, far away from her carriage.

"Hah..." She scoffed, letting out a small laugh. She was laughing at herself for being so foolish. For until now, she still could not believe nor fathom it.

Betrayal was what she felt. All along, she thought she had made a friend. But it turns out to be very different.

'All those time... it was him pretending..?'

Another scoff left her lips. 'How idiotic of me.'

Her eyes wandered, unable to focus on what was before her as she continued to clear her head with a walk. But before she knew it, her body collided strongly with someone.

"Ugh!" A groan left the lady's lips. "Are you not looking where you are going—"

"Oh my." A sarcastic laugh erupted. "If it isn't the contracted wife."

Cordelia dejectedly looked up, hearing the familiar voice. Her eyes was void from what she discovered but still, upon seeing the person before her, she needed to force a smile. "Lady Vivian."

"Fancy seeing you here, marchioness."

"You too, Lady—"

"Oh! My apologies!" A pair of eyes filled with contempt bore onto Cordelia's, as the loud laugh loudly filled her ears. "How forgetful I am."

"Shall I start calling you Lady Lenister again? After all, you won't be a marchioness after your divorce."

Cordelia looked at Vivian without any reaction.

"Oh my, what's with that look? We're you perhaps offended?"

"Don't be! It is the truth after all." She innocently grinned.

Cordelia couldn't get a word out. After all, what Vivian was saying was the truth. She could only tighten her fists inside her robe as she heard more of Vivian's wretched words, taunting her more deeply.

"After your divorce, the Marquis will be my fiancé. After all, if not because of you, I, originally would have been the Marchioness."

Cordelia could only bear with it, but what Vivian said caught her attention.

"What... do you mean?"

A taunting smile formed on Vivian's lips. "Don't you know?"

"Leon was my fiancé before he married you."

For the entire tiring day, Leon was busy tidying those rumors among the palace and nobility.

Leon heaved a breath of relief as the carriage neared his estate. It was already afternoon, and his yearning heart began to feel at ease, finally getting to see Cordelia after a long day.

The neighs of horses erupted as the footman pulled the reigns. "We have arrived back, master." Spoke the footman

As the carriage halted into a stop, Leon could already hear the sound of the servants gathered outside. But his mind was deeply set into Cordelia. He was more than delighted to arrive back home, for all that he wanted was to see her again.

Confused as he is, he quickly got out of the carriage and was greeted with a complicated sight. His brows furrowed into confusion seeing a carriage parked before the stair of castle, with servants bringing luggage's inside.