Chapter 25《Exams, Phone Features, Results》

Everyone was writing in absolute silence... Ring! Ring! "The test is over, whelps. Put your pens away and hand over your answer sheets like good little dogs. And with that, I do believe exams have come to a close." Crewel announced. "YEAAH!" Many had cheered. I put my pen down and shook my hands. "Down! SIT! Don't start celebrating yet. Any bad boys who fare poorly in their exams... will be given mandatory remedial lessons over the winter holidays. Consider yourselves warned. Class dismisse." Crewel informed everyone. "My hands are definitely cramping from writing a lot. I'm glad those books recommended by Horn Boy were actually useful." I thought. "Whew, FINALLY. It's over!" Ace sighed in relief. "I gave it my absolute best. All that's left now is to wait for our scores to come back." Deuce smiled. "Myah hah hah! No lousy test is a match for my brilliant mind." Grim smirked. "Really? You guys usually look like your lives just flashed before your eyes after written exams. Now you're changing your tune?" Ace sneered. "Heh heh. You bet your bottom thaumark I am. Today marks the dawn of a new and improved me! You better he ready, 'cause soon you'll all be callin' me Galaxy Brain Grim and beggin' for scraps of my knowledge." Grim cheered. "That's a bold claim, but I'm pretty confident in my performance this time myself. No offense, but I'm definitely gonna outscore you." Deuce smirked.

"You guys are quite confident. I'm glad you guys are satisfied with how the exams went." I smiled. Thank Archons, they didn't seem to do anything dumb this time. "Of course, this test was a piece of cake for me, so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna come out on top." Ace smiled. "Girm, you did ONE last-minute cram session." Yuu outed Grim. One minute..? That's not enough for him. "What can I say? Geniuses like me can breeze through class without havin' to slave away at their desk like you do." Grim smirked. That comment itself would've angered thousands of students from the Akedemiya.. "Anyway, xams are done and dusted. I'm gonna hit up the Track Club." Deuce added. "Y'know, I could stand to get in some exercise at the Basketball Club myself. Let's break this huddle for today, guys." Ace smiled. "Let's head back to the dorm, Yuu. I'm dead on my feet after that all-nighter." Grim whined. We split ways, Adeuce went back to Heartslabyul, Yuu went back to their dorm, and I went back to Octavinelle. "I should check out this phone thing a bit more." I thought. I opened up the app with a speech bubble on it. I have Auren on here.

Auren: Hello! How are you doing with the phone?
[A week ago]

I should reply to him. Uh.. how? "Tap here to text?" I mumbled. I clicked the thing, and it opened this box filled with words.

Nilou: Hello! I'm getting used to it
[Just now]

Yay! I think I did it! I continued to explore the phone and its apps. "Is this the magicam Cater always talks about?" I wondered. I clicked the app.

[Sign up or Log in to Magicam]

Uhm... I think I'm supposed to sign up?

[Email]
[Age]
[Username]
[Password]

Do I fill in the information? I guess I do..

[Email] ********
[Age] 16
[Username] Nilou
[Password] *****

Uhm.. "Create your first post?" I'm assuming it wants me to add a picture there. How do I do that? I'll ask Cater or Auren later.

"GYAAAGH!"

What was that?! Who screamed? I decided to check it out and saw a fellow dorm member being squeezed by.. I think Floyd. Uh... I don't wanna know what happened. I decided to head back to my room. But while I was leaving, I heard on last thing. "...I look forward to seeing those final exam scores come in." What could that mean..? All these questions won't do me any good, I should just call it a day and go to sleep. I changed clothes and went to sleep. I shut my eyes and allowed myself to rest. I hope I can sleep a peaceful dream tonight.

I opened my eyes. It's dark.. it's like a pitch black void of nothing.. "Where am I.." I mumbled. In a distance, I saw a blur. "What's that?" I wondered. Was it a human? Or was it not? I noticed it was a feminine looking figure. It was still blurry.. "White and green?" I thought. Those are the main colors I could see. I got closer. And before I saw who or what it was. Everything flashed to white.

I sat up immediately from my bed. "Who?" I mumbled, "Never mind for now... I should get ready for school." I quickly put on my uniform. That dream... oh well.. I'll figure it out.. school was pretty much the same. A week later, the exam scores were finally being released. I was walking in the halls looking for everyone. "Hold it right there, Grim! You're not getting off easy today, you hear me?!" Ace shouted. "Huh?" I jumped. That was loud. What did Grim do this time? "Myeh heh heh! Maybe you shoulda put your name in it if you wanted it that bad!" Grim smirked as he zoomed theought the halls. "Why, you...!" Ace grumbled. "What is it this time?" Yuu asked. "Probably fighting again." I added. "Seriously, don't they ever get tired of this?" Deuce sighed. "Hey, Yuu! You're the prefect, so do some prefecting!" Ace called out. What's even happening? "This lousy furball swiped the doughnut I bought and ate it! AGAIN." Ace scoffed. "I didn't steal nothin'! I just saw a snack left abandoned on a desk and gave it a home outta the goodness of my heart." Grim smirked. "It's not abandoned if it's on somebody's desk!" Ace yelled. Are they going to keep doing this? "If you're gonna keep runnin', I've got some wind Magix up my sleeve with your name on it." Ace scoffed. "Oh YEAH? Try me! I've got fire magic ready to–" I hit the two of them on the head to stop them. "No fighting. We don't want another statue incident." I sighed.

"Erk!" They both yelped. "Y'know what. I think I'll skip the magic today. I don't wanna get sent to wash even MORE windows." Ace sweat. "H-heh. For once, I think you've got the right idea. I'd be embarrassin' myself if I was the only one usin' magic, so I'll let you off easy this time." Grim agreed. I smiled and put Grim back on the ground. "So you two won't be making a ruckus and getting us all in trouble, right?" I asked. "Hey, what kinda punk would I be if I started fighting with a weasel over one lousy doughnut?" Ace scoffed. "Why do you always have to get in one last smart remark?!" Grim yelled. Luckily, they didn't argue any further, and we made it to class on time. "It's time for class to start, whelps. Get back to your seats. First, I'll pass back your tests. "This is the moment of truth." Deuce whispered. "Myah hah! Gimme! Gimme! I want that test, Prof!" Grim cheered. I think Grim should learn manners.. "Settle down, Grim. Stay. STAY!" Crewel yelled. Grim didn't move any further. "I'll call you up by your class number. Number one!" He called." Crewel called every single student one by one. "SWEET! I got a 92!" Ace cheered. "I got an 88! I never thought I'd see the day I scored over 80." Deuce exclaimed. "Check it out, Yuu! I got an 85!" Grim shoved his paper in Yuu's face. I got 96. I'm glad I got a high mark. I smiled.

"You three went from failing grades to and 85?!" Yuu questioned. "That's suspicious.." I added. Please don't tell me they did something dumb.. "Hey, I don't like what you're implyin'!" Grim groaned. "You appear to have studied a great deal for this exam. Yes.. a great deal indeed, compared to your quiz scores. In fact, the class average has gone up to a degree one might call... unusual." Crewel commented. Something tells me this isn't a good thing. "And what's that supposed to mean?" Ace asked. "The average test scores across every level of potionology are over 90. Professor Trein has remarked upon similarly positive trends in his magic history classes." Crewel replied. "Say what?!" Deuce yelled. "Mraah!" Grim screamed. "Uh-oh. I don't like where this is going..." Ace sighed. Oh, archons... they did something stupid, didn't they? This time, it doesn't seem to be just them.. "The school's fifty highest achievers will be posted in the hall. You can look forward to seeing that shortly." Crewel informed. I wonder what others got. "Now, let us begin today's lesson. Open your textbooks." The rest of the day went on like normal.