Chapter 13 《Ruins, Do-over Unbirthday, Conclusion》

"He's back!" Ace said. "Well, it's about time... We were about losin' our heads here- figure of speech, sorry- 'cause we thought you might never wake up!" Cater sighed in relief. "What in the world happened...?" Riddle gasped. "Ah, Mr. Rosehearts appears to have regained consciousness. Excellent." Crowley said. Now he's back? "Don't worry, Riddle. Just try to rest." Trey sighed. "Yo, that's just the sort of coddling that led to him going nuts in the first place! Now the garden is tore up from the floor up, not to mention that we could've died!" Ace commented. He has a point. We definitely had a risk of dying. "He's right. It was looking bad for a while there." Deuce agreed. "For cryin' out loud. When you humans let that stress build up, the results sure ain't pretty." Grim sighed. "The truth is, I... I really wanted to eat the chestnut tart." Riddle mumbled. "Huh?" Ace chirped. "And I don't care if the roses are white or the flamingos are pink." He continued, "And I prefer honey to sugar cubes I my tea, and I like milk tea better than lemon tea anyhow." What's with this all the sudden? "And after a meal, I want go be the one sitting around talking with everyone..." He added. "Riddle..?" Trey muttered. "And I really wanted to play with you and Chenya more, Trey..." He began to sob, "WAAAAAAAH!"

"Riddle Rosehearts, in tears... Hastag #WOW." Cater said, amused. "You think a few crocodile tears is all it'll take for me to forgive you?" Ace interrupted. "Give the guy a break, Ace." Deuce sighed. "I'm sorry, Riddle. I knew you were suffering, and all I did was pretend not to notice." Trey apologized. Riddle kept sobbing. Poor Riddle. "So I'm gonna say what I should have said earlier. Your way of doing things was wrong, and you owe everyone an apology." Trey added. "I'm sorry... I'm really sorry." Riddle cried. "I know I've been saying I wanted an apology from Riddle, but now that I got one, y'know what?" Ace interrupted, "One stupid 'I'm sorry' doesn't even COME CLOSE TO MAKING UP FOR WHAT HE DID!" That was loud. "DUDE! Way to be a capital J-Jerk!" Cater jumped. "And proud of it! Have you forgotten how he made a total fool outta me?!" Ace yelled. Nope. "Have you forgotten how he just threw away that chestnut tart we worked so hard on?!" He continued, "That ain't something you can make go away with a few tears and a flimsy 'I'm sorry'!" Right, but no need to be that rude.

"Wow. I ain't never met anyone who was better at holdin' grudges than I am." Grim sighed. And that's quite impressive. "Then.. then what do you want me to do?!" Riddle asked. "You know.. I don't got a birthday coming up anytime soon." He said. "Huh? What ate you talking about?" Deuce asked. "So I demand a do-over for the Unbirthday Party! Except this time, we ain't gotta do squat. This time, YOU'RE the one who brings the tart! And no getting Trey to make it for you!" Ace exclaimed. Quite specific, Ace. "Do that, and then things are square between us." Ace said. "Just admit you want a tart." Yuu sighed. "Quiet from the peanut gallery! What do you say, Riddle? We clear?" Ace asked. I almost started laughing when Ace called Yuu 'Penut Gallery'. "Yes.. we're clear." Riddle agreed. "Ah, yes. Compromise is a beautiful thing. I believe that concludes this matter." Crowley smiled. I'm glad we managed to solve one problem, but... the garden is really messy. "Welp, looks like we got some cleaning to to." Cater said, "All that work making the garden Magicam-wkrthy, and now it's a total tire fire. Laaame."

"I'll help out." Trey said. "No, why don't you get Riddle to the nurse's office. That was a full-blown case of overblot. We need to make absolutely sure he's okay." Cater insisted. "Mr. Diamond is correct. I will go along with you. Crowley agreed. "Understood. Thank you, sir." Trey sighed. "Come to think of it." I said. Everyone immediately looked at me. "Grim, how did you get the crystal?" I asked. How could he get it from my inventory... "Oh. When I was sleeping, I heard a clunk. I woke up to check it out. And then I saw that same delicious black magestone in front of you. And I just couldn't resist eating it!" He answered. Wait.. it fell out?! How? "Let's just hope that doesn't make you sick." Yuu sighed. "You really shouldn't let Grimmy eat that trash. 'Cause that's hashtag #DISGUSTING." Cater sighed. I guess that concludes this conversation. "But what do I do with the broken collar...?" I wondered. I guess it'll stay there for now..