Chapter 22《Reveal, Given up, Trouble》

Lilia appeared behind us. "They seemed right on time to me." Sebek said. "Indeed. It's thanks to them that not a single one of Diasomnia House's players got hurt." Silver agreed. "What? How?! I saw you get swallowed up by the stampede?!" Ruggie freaked out. "Oh! About that..." Cater smiled, "So it turns out those were actually duplicates of me, made with my signature Split Card spell." I wonder how they didn't catch on considering how the acting wasn't exactly the best. "What?" Leona questioned. "I must admit, I really dig those Diasomnia House outfits. They're so extra! I'll DM you some of my selfies later." Cater said. "Is that right? If I knew you were such a fan, I'd have gladly loaned you mine." Lilia smiled. "Such a sweetheart! Though I think yours would be a little small for me." Cater sweat. "Alright, can we get to the point?" Leona scoffed. "Riddle told us everything. So we had him put on that little charade for us." Lilia explained. "So, then... Malleus?" Ruggie asked. "Oh, he's in tip-top shape, of course! He's been clearing up the chaos using his magic to guide all the people safely back to the coliseum. You can thank him later." Sebek answered. "H-how could this happen?!" Ruggie yelled. "Shouldn't have left that many loopholes in your plan." I thought.

"Tch. Whatever. I don't even care anymore." Leona sighed. "What?" Ruggie asked. "I'm done. It's over." He said. "Boss, what are you saying?!" Ruggie asked. "Are you payin' attention? If Malleus is able to take the field then we got no chance of winning. There's no point even trying. I'm out." Leona sighed. "Y-you can't just.. Malleus might still be in the game, but we took out all the other dorms best players, right? But without you on field, I don't even know if we'd have a shot at the top three! You're just going to abandon our dreams?" Ruggie stuttered. "For all the talk about the world watching. This is just schoolkids playin' a game. All you wide-eyed tenderfoots talkin' about your dreams... Pfft. The whole thing amused me, so I threw you a bone. That's all this was." Leona said. "What do you mean? What happened to working together to turn the world upside down?" Ruggie asked. "Are you seriously still goin' on about that? Alright, fine. You wanna hear the truth? You're a hyena who grew up in a dump, and I'm the second born prince who won't ever be king. And there is NO turning that around!" Leona scowled. "What? You gotta be kidding me! What is this? You can't just quit after we've come this far!" Ruggie yelled. "Despite them giving up and all, I feel like something worse is going to happen..." I thought, worried.

The Savanaclaw students argued about Leona giving up. "Bah, I'm so sick of this nonsense. Shut UP, you nobodies!" Leona yelled. "Agh!" Ruggie cried along with the othe Savanaclaw students. "What?! My nose is dryin' out... M-my eyes hurt!" Grim cried. "Sand?" I mumbled. "Everything the housewarden touched is turning to sand?!" Jack panicked. "That is my signature spell. The King's Roar." Leona said. So this is his... Ironic, ain't it? Nothin' the savanna hates  more than a drought. Yet its prince's magic desiccates everything– reduces it to sand." He spat. "B-boss.. it huuurts!" Ruggie shrieked. Shoot! "Ruggie's arm! The skin is cracking!" Deuce screamed. "Your spell can legit dry out a HUMAN BEING?!" Ace panicked. "Leona, I cannot allow this to continue! Off With Your Head!" Riddle casted. "Myah?! Riddles collar bounced right off!" Grim shouted. "Maybe you're some kinda prodigy, kid, but don't go thinkin' you're smarter than your elders. I aced my protective magic classes in my sleep." Leona said. Ruggie's arm was disintigrating by the second. "Hah! How do you like that, Ruggie? Does it hurt? Is your mouth too dry to keep licking my boots? That was your finest talent, too." Leona laughed. It's only going to get worse if he keeps going! "If we don't stop him, Ruggie's gonna!" Jack panicked.

"There's no time to waste!" I panicked and yanked Ruggie as hard as I could! Luckily, I managed to pull hard enough to free him. His arm is pretty messed up, but still there. I don't have much... Blood spilled from his arm. "Anything... do I have anything..." I rushed. "Right! The scarf!" I remembered. I quickly took off the scarf from my uniform and wrapped it around Ruggie's arm. "Thanks.." Ruggie said, still in shock. "You're welcome." I replied. What should I do now? Fortunately, the two Diasomnia students approached. "We'll be taking the wounded to somewhere safe." Silver said. The two of them escorted the other Savanaclaw students out. "No... NO! You can't collar a lion!" Leona shouted, "And Jack! How did you.. Transformation potions are forbidden! Where did you get that?" Jack transformed? "I didn't use a potion–that's my signature spell. With it I can transform myself into a wolf." Jack informed him. "Ha! What's that saying? Every dog has his day? Well I guess you had yours!" Leona mocked. "Housewarden Leona, I want you to know... I only came to this school because of how much I admired you!" Jack began, "What happened to the man you used to be?" I still can't shake off this terrible gut feeling.. "Shut up.. Your dreams got nothin'." Leona growled.

"I understand the irony of me being the one to say it, but it pains me to see you like this." Riddle admitted. True.. "You'd be wise to confine yourself to your room and try to calm down!" Riddle suggested. "What do you know about how I feel?!" Leona scoffed. Uhm.. Maybe he shouldn't have said that... "Would that the lion king of the savanna could witness this absolute farce." Lilia said. Huh? "No, if you ask me, the collar suits you far better that a crown ever could. You may not bemoan the fact that you're not higher in line to be king. But with that sensitive ego of yours? That so quickly directs all your petty anger at your retainers..." Lilia smirked. "Uhm, you can stop provoking him.." I sweat. "Well, the idea of you ever contending with a REAL king like our Malleus– is absolutely laughable. Even if you COULD defeat Malleus, so long as that's how you choose to conduct yourself?" He continued. "That's enough.." I repeated. "You would never be fit to rule!" Lilia finished. "Hah... Haha. Yah, you're probably right. No, you're EXACTLY right! Hahaha!" Leona laughed crazily. "Don't tell me..." I thought... "I will never become king. No matter how hard I try!"

"Myah?! All my fur's standing on ends!" Grim shook. "The magic power within Leona is surging... I don't think my collar can hold it!" Riddle struggled. "No. That isn't magic power. That's negative energy, which means..." Horror painted Lilia's face. "Everybody, get down!" Cater shouted. Everyone touched the ground. "Riddle's collar flew off?!" Cater freaked out.

"I've been loathed since the day I was born. I've never had a place, never had a future! None of my hard work is ever rewarded! How could any of YOU possibly understand? MY disappointment?! My pain?!" Leona screamed.

-------------------
A/N- I didn't get to upload last week cuz I got sick. So this week I will upload 4 chapters.