Chapter 9 《 Visit, Clones, Disastrous Party》

By the time I finished it was already night. I bowed and left the stage. "You did really good out there!" One of them said. "Next time, you'll have enough time to plan out your dance." Another said. They remind me of the people from Zubayr Theater. "It's nighttime. Let's sleep." Someone yawned. Everyone went back to their rooms. "You did a great job on stage, [NAME]!" Auren said as I walked in. "Thank you." I replied. "I forgot to ask at the start of the day, But what's your phone number?" He asked. "I don't have a phone, sorry." I said. "Eh, you don't? How about I buy you one?" He responded. "It's okay, you don't have to." I assured, "Anyways, it's quite late. We should be sleeping." It was quite late even though there was no school tomorrow. "Okay, but you should probably change. Goodnight." He yawned. He fell asleep very quickly. I changed into pajamas and immediately flopped on my bed. I slowly closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up earlier than usual today. I decided to change into the school uniform since I had nothing else. "I should probably visit Yuu." I thought. I left the dorm and went to Yuu's dorm. Knock, knock. Yuu opened the door. "Hi [Name], what are you doing here?" They asked. "Just here to accompany you because you only really have Grim here." I replied. "We actually have ghosts here, too." Yuu added. "That's interesting." I said. Someone came down. It was Deuce! "The Unbirthday Party is today. If we're late, we'll you know..." Deuce said, "Oh right, [NAME], you're also invited." The Unbirthday Party was today? "That's right... The party's today." Yuu remembered. "Hmm? It sounds like you have a visitor." Deuce said. Cater entered the dorm. "Good morning! Did you all enjoy your sleepover? Did you bond over pillow fights and card games?" Cater asked. "Oh, good morning, Cater. We did play some cards, yeah." Ace appeared, "but only Old Maid, 'cause that was the only one Grim knew how to play." Old maid? What's that? "And I still got the old maid every time, dang it!" Grim pouted. "Let's just say Grim doesn't have a very good poker face." Deuce added. "Well, you should get one of those tarts we made yesterday and go apologize to Riddle." Cater reminded, "and you should probably hurry, because after the trouble yesterday, we're in a little short-handed." Ace better be careful with his words, this time. "What does that mean? Ace asked. "Don't worry, I've totes got it under control. Anyway, off to the party we go!" Cater cheered.

"All right, so I'll hand over the tart and say I'm sorry, then-" Ace gets interrupted. "Hey, it's about time I got back! Good to see me!" A voice said. It was... Cater? "And me! Looking good as always, me!" Cater said. "Bwuh?!" Ace, Deuce, and Grim jumped. "Th-There's two Caters?!" Deuce freaked out. "Are you guys identical twins?!" Ace asked. "Nope. Don't have any siblings!" Cater added, "What I DO have is my signature spell, Split Card. It lets me make magic duplicates of myself." That is very interesting. "This must be how Cater kept coming after we beat him over and over again yesterday..." Deuce noted. "Welcome home, darlings." A third Cater said."Good to see you!" Another appeared. "You're late! I was worried sick!" One of the Caters said. "Bwah! There're more of them!" Ace jumped. "J-S-Y-K, I'm actually the real Cater." The one with the gym uniform said, "making these duplicates is suuuper exhausting, so I can't maintain them for long." Hopefully, he's actually the real one. "Anyways, if we're late, heads will roll. And since we're several people short, we'll need your help." Cater said, "But when this is over, I promise to take you straight to Riddle." Oh well. "What, MORE roses?" Grim whined. "And here we go again!" Ace said, annoyed. "Get the lead out, peeps! We need to get started!" Cater cheered.

We all began painting roses again. "Well, this is going better than before." Deuce panted. "Looking good!" Cater smiled, "Ooh, it's almost time! Okay, all you sexy body doubles, that's a wrap!" All of them said in sync, "aye-aye, Cay-Cay!" All of the duplicates disappeared. We went to the Unbirthday Party. It was really fancy! It also looked like a tea part. "All hail our leader, the red sovereign himself... Housewarden Riddle!" A student announced. "We salute you, Housewarden Riddle!" All of the Heartslabyul students yelled. "Hm. The garden roses are red, the tablecloths are white... This seems a proper Unbirthday indeed." Riddle observed. "Is there a dormouse asleep in the teapot, as there should be?" He asked. "Of course. And should it become necessary, we've also prepared the jam to spread on his nose." Trey replied. "Very good." Riddle smiled. "Myah! Those are some fancy duds!" Grim commented. "These are Heartslabyul dorm clothes. Aren't they fierce?" Cater added, "at the forefront of fashion, and they look great on Magicam." The clothes were very pretty, indeed. "One of the Queen's rules mandates formal dress on Party days." He said, "As a show of kindness from a beloved mentor, I'll help coordinate your outfits." He casted some magic, and our clothes immediately changed.