Chapter 21 《 Convincing, Solid Plan, Action 》

"Hello, Housewarden Rosehearts. Cater." Deuce greeted. "Here, your guy's pens." I said, tossing the the pens to their owners. "I cannot allow such an important tradition to be tarnished by personal grudges." Riddle stated. "So what's the switch, Riddle? We got a plan?" Cater asked. "As we have no proof of Leona's machinations, nor of Ruggie's assaults, we cannot take this to Crowley. Without solid evidence, that sort of accusation would never stick to someone as sly as Leona." Riddle started. "So your saying we need to catch him in the act?" Ace questioned. "Yes. And I have a suggestion to that end. First-" "Stop. I've told you what I know, but that doesn't mean I'm planning to join your merry hand." Jack interrupted. "What? C'mon, Jack, even after all we've been through together? The smiles and the tears?" Cater asked. "Savanaclaw is my dorm, and I'm gonna be the one to settle this. Seeya." Jack said. "Do you really think you can accomplish anything by yourself?" Yuu asked. "Are you sure you can take on a Housewarden, someone who can make others copy their movements, and an entire dorm alone? Even vision holders know that they'll need more than just themselves." I added. Ah- I forgot visions isn't a familiar topic here. I hope they'll ignore that.

"What'd you just say?!" He scowled. "Ouch. Been a while since you've let someone have it like that, you two." Grim said. "It's true, though. You versus an entire dorm? Can't say I see the odds favoring you." Deuce agreed. "If you truly want to stop them, work with us." Yuu firmly suggested. "Alright, fine. I'll hear you out." Jack sighed. Yay! "But I'm not committing to anything. If I don't like the sound of your schemes, I'm out." He added. Reasonable. "Man, this guy is impossible." Ace sighed. "Funny, I was just thinking how much he reminds me of you and Deuce." Cater commented. "Then, if I may continue explaining my plan? The first step is..." Riddle layer out a solid plan, with hopefully all of us attentively listening in. "Huh. That's actually not half bad, dude." Ace complimented. "That is quite a plan, Housewarden Rosehearts!" Deuce exclaimed. "Sounds like ol' Cay-Cay has a lot of prep work to do before the big day!" He smiled. "Thank you, Cater. Take care not to raise any suspicions." Riddle said."So HBU, Jack? You heard Riddle's plan. Are you in? Or out?" Cater asked. I will never get used to people saying letters other than "I" like how they're pronounced.

"There's nothing cowardly about it, at least. I suppose we can work together this one time." Jack approved. "Really feeling the trust there, Jack." Grim sighed. "Cool beans. Let's all get back to our dorms for today. I know I'm about to kneel over." Ace said. "Yeah, and I'm starving!" Grim agreed. "Hold on a moment, freshmen." Riddle interrupted. "Hm?" Did he need something? "Because of the information yielded, I am going to overlook your flagrant violation of rule #6: No fighting on campus. But rest assured that if it happens again, it will cost you your heads. Are we clear?" He asked. The figure of speech about decapitation still makes me feel uneasy to this day. "Yes sir, Housewarden Rosehearts." Adeuce and Grim sighed. "...Yeah." Jack sighed along. "Very well. Let us return to our dorms." Riddle finished. "Let's all get well-rested for tournament day!" Yuu cheered. All of us parted ways, heading back. Even though all was going well, I felt that our plan might lead to the worst. "There won't be any turning back." I thought.

"Ah! Hey! [NAME]!" One of my dormmates yelled. I think they're one of the people who plays music for the entertainment. "Just wanted to let you know, the next performance will be scheduled a day after the Spelldrive tournament." He informed. "Oh, thanks for letting me know." I smiled brightly, "Have a good night!" It's pretty late already. "You too!" He replied. I walked back to my room. "Hey, it's been some time since we last talked." Auren greeted. "Hi Auren!" I responded. "Are you excited for the Spelldrive tournament tomorrow?" He asked. "Kind of." I answered, "I'm not really familiar with the sport." That seemed to make him quite surprised. "Gee, were you living under a rock?" He joked. "Anyways, goodnight." He yawned. "Goodnight to you too." I laughed. The lights shut off within seconds. "I hope this ends well." I prayed.

《The next day》

Today is the day. I followed the other students to the tournament grounds. "Whoa!" It's amazing! It was colorful and unique. "I don't think I would see anything like this back at Sumeru!" I thought. The stalls each had their own unique merchandise. "Hey guys!" I beamed. "They got church's and funnek cakes, and..." Grim cheered. "Don't mind him, he's in his own world." Yuu giggled. "Man, I can't believe I didn't make the team after all that." Ace sighed. "Me neither..." Deuce agreed. Poor Adeuce. "There's always next year." Yuu reminded. "Plus, you're still getting ahold of your magic." I commented. "Well, we have an important job to do anyway. We should focus on that." Deuce said. "Yeah, good point. Focused. That's us." Ace agreed. "Focused? In which universe?" I joked. "Hey!" Ace yelled. Grim continued mumbling about his food fantasies. "Eat later! We need to go!" Ace tugged Grim.

"Ahem... Welcome, one and all, to the Night Raven College interdorm Spelldrive tournament!" A voice announced. How did they do that? "Thank you for your patience. The players will be entering the stadium momentarily!" An audience of many people cheered loudly. "First up will be last year's champion. But can lightning really strike thrice? Give it up for the Reigning Light... DIASOMNIA!" They announced. The "players" of Diasomnia were getting ready to enter. For a second, I saw the mystery guy walking past. "So he's playing this year." I thought. "Okay, folks... Laugh With Me!" Someone yelled. "Huh? What's that sound?" An audience member asked. "What is going on over there? There's a whole bunch of people charging at the players!" Another yelled. "Someone's signature spell!" I realized. Panic rose among the audience as a stampede formed. I watched as the "Diasomnia players" got crushed. Meanwhile we rushed to Savanaclaw to follow the plan.

"Leona, I did it! Did you see the broadcast?" Ruggie asked. "Yeah. That was nice work, Ruggie. So long, Malleus. This year, the throne is mine." Leona smirked. "Long live the king! Shishishi!" He laughed. "Long live the ,ing! Hooray!" Savanaclaw students cheered. "I believe we've heard enough." Riddle said. All of us following. "Well, well, if it isn't the Heartslabyul kids. And is that Jack?" Leona questioned. Me and Yuu suddenly turned into "Heartslabyul kids" now? "You transfer to Heartslabyul on us, frosh?" Leona asked. "Nah. I just don't feel like celebrating the underhanded accomplishments of a bunch of cowards." Jack replied. "You filthy traitor!" Leona scoffed. "You have tarnished a proud Night Raven tradition. As housewarden of Heartslabyul, a dorm focused on orderliness, I cannot possibly overlook this." Riddle stated. "Listen, kiddies- save your heroic speeches for someone who cares, alright?" Leona sighed. "Honestly, coming into our territory with only a handful of people.. it's like you WANT a beating." Ruggie added.

"You want us to take care of 'em, Boss?" A resident asked. "Sure. Have a little fun with 'em." Leona agreed. I'll just play defense again since using my sword wouldn't be a good idea. Plus, using a vision would make people suspicious of me. The others took the role of offense. "OFF WITH YOUR HEADS!" Riddle casted. Collars formed on the necks of the challengers. "Urk... He's so strong." One of them struggled. "Man, housewardens are no joke." Another shivered. "Hmph. Nothing but a lot ofhot air. Ace, Deuce, are you alright?" Riddle asked. "Yeah. That was nothing." Ace smirked. "You bet, sir!" Deuce cheered. "Tch. I knew those chumps'd be no match for Riddle." Leona sighed. "Shishishi! Maybe not! But this doesn't change the fact that they were too late to save Diasomnia." Ruggie reassured.

"Oh? That's quite the interesting claim."