24

a lotta dialogue in this chapter👍

POV: Kyle

we spent the rest of lunch together in the library, just talking. i didn't exactly make a move on Stan, but i did physically get closer to him. i'm not sure if he noticed or not, he's a bit dim.

i also admit i got a few teachers asking me about the flowers wound around my neck. i lied to them all, (nervously), and then went to the bathroom to hide them as best as possible under the collar of my shirt.

i was somewhat successful, and now it just looks like i have a few small flowers winding around the base of my neck.

--

i sit in my last lesson of the day, leaning my chin on my arms which sits resting on my desk. i feel tired, like i could fall asleep at any moment.

i stare at Stan, a few desks over. he looks bored too, sitting there with his cheek in his palm, elbows propped up on desk, deep in thought.

just seeing him makes me smile. he's so amazing, everything about him is perfect. how could Wendy ever let him go?

"Hey, Kyle?" a voice whispers over to me.

"Hm?" i turn around, my eyes darting over the sleepy looking people in the classroom until my gaze falls upon the one who called for me.

"Here," she says quietly, smiling.

i smile back, waving. "Hi Bebe, what is it?" i scoot my chair back a bit, so i'm closer to the girl sat at the desk behind my own.

"Can we talk after class?" she mumbles, leaning forward over her desk so i could hear her better.

"Sure." strange. what would she want to talk to me about?

Bebe smiles and sits back in her chair, returning to her bored expression and lazy posture, looking out the window.

i turn back around, and instantly i can feel Stan's eyes on me.

i pretend to not notice, holding focus on the lesson happening infront.

--

the bell rings loudly, and i start packing away my things, before Stan walks over, already having put all his stuff into his own backpack.

"Kyle?" he asks, and i look up at him as i continue putting the items into my bag.

"Hey Stan-"

"-What was Bebe saying?" the boy looks at me, unsmiling and suspicious.

i shrug in response. "She wants to talk to me."

Stan nods, before pausing. "When?"

"Now."

"Hey Kyle," speak of the devil, the blonde girl approaches us, a smile on her face. "Hey Stan."

"Hi." Stan responds bluntly, his eyes plastered on Bebe.

"What is it you'd like to talk about, Bebe?" i ask, nervously laughing to clear up the strange tension between my two friends.

"Uh, it's a private thing. So, uh... no Stan." she responds, gesturing with her hands for me to follow her out of the class.

i shrug, giving an apologetic look to Stan. "I'll message you later, Stan." i promise, walking backwards out the class, and waving at the noirette behind me.

he waves back, before completely disappearing behind the doorframe, and soon Bebe takes me into the hallway.

most of the students have left, leaving the corridor looking desolate and empty, with only a few stray teens roaming alone or in pairs.