"What?" she asks in surprise, then takes a deep breath when I looked at her questioningly. "I mean I don't want to come unprepared."

"Okay. Then let's just stay in the streets, talk. Like usual."

She frowns but nodded, "Okay."

I watched as she circles her car to go to her side. On our way, she kept glancing at me. "It's not that I don't want to meet them, you know. I just haven't gathered courage. I want them to like me."

"They already like you."

"Really? Do you talk to them about me?"

"Of course..." I tilted my head down, "And they've been asking about you a lot."

Awkward silence followed.

I used to be fine with quiet moments with Lisa, used to love just being around her and watching her every smile.

When her car came to a stop, I faced her.

"Can I meet them today-"

"Is this still going somewhere-"

We said those at the same time and stopped, her brows furrowing. I was surprised too that she was willing to meet my family.

"You're doubting us?" she sounded hurt... and maybe mad. "Just because I couldn't meet your family earlier?"

Closing my eyes while pinching the bridge of my nose, I leaned my arm on the door. "It's not that, Lisa," I slowly opened my eyes to look at her. "Don't you think we're too different?"

"In what way? That I love you and I want to make this work, and you're doubting what I could do for you?"

My chest was getting tight hearing her voice tremble.

I'm aware of being in love with this woman. And I'm also aware of hurting myself more if I do this.

"If you want to make this work then why lie to me?" I couldn't hold myself back. She looked taken aback. I bit my lower lip and continued, "Did something happen in Japan? Why were you avoiding me? You weren't injured yet when you were gone and don't you say it's because of work- you lied."

"How did.." she clenched her teeth, looking away.

"You were avoiding my calls, you were avoiding your employees," I was vague, trying to hear more from her. "What happened in Japan?"

"Fuck, what did Rosé tell you?"

I suddenly felt cold, numb.

She saw my reaction and panicked.

"Something happened?"

"No, no... Jennie, fuck, no," she leaned to me and all I could do was flinch and move away but she held my hand, maybe scared that I would run away. I tried to shake her off but.. "I didn't know at first. We drank that night. I woke up beside her, I thought something might have happened that's why I couldn't talk to you yet; I was scared. But Jennie, nothing happened. She told me so when I got injured while trying to avoid her. I- shit, it's a lot but please believe me."

"You're telling me you avoided me because you thought you cheated, then learned you didn't and used your wrist to keep your lies for those days you avoided me," I stated with a blank face.

"I was scared because you've been jealous of Rosé before and.. and I just realized I'm in love with you, I couldn't lose you," she's still panicking, looking into my eyes, "I'm so sorry."

I looked out of the window, a bitter smile creeping on my lips. "All those sweet words and gestures just because you wanted to make up for your lies. I knew something was off."