"I don't want to lose you, Y/N," she whispered in a low and raspy voice. "Not to anyone. Not to anything."

I frowned, looking at her with confusion. "Why would you say that? I'm not going anywhere," I reassured her, feeling a twinge of guilt.

"I feel like Lisa is going to take you away from me," she clarified, her words striking a chord deep within me.

I shook my head, banishing all negative thoughts. "You're the only one who makes my heart beat faster. You're the only one who can make me happy, Jennie. Not Lisa. Not anyone else. Only you," I declared firmly.

She sighed deeply, leaning her forehead against mine. "It hurts knowing that you abandoned me last night just to meet her," she murmured quietly, breaking my heart.

Her words hit me like a punch to the gut. I hadn't realized the pain I had caused her by prioritizing someone else over her. The realization made my eyes widen in shock.

"I never meant to abandon you for Lisa," I confessed, my voice filled with regret.

"I swear, I'll never make that mistake again. Never," I promised, my voice brimming with sincerity.

I longed to tell her that she deserved nothing less, but my impulses were beyond my control.

She didn't respond, but instead leaned in and pressed a tender, lingering kiss on my lips, her fingers caressing my cheek with affection.

"Well, that's good to hear because I'm never letting you slip away from me again."

---

Since that day we shared our first kiss, Jennie and I hadn't progressed much in our relationship.

But with each subsequent kiss, it became increasingly difficult to rein in my desires.

I couldn't deny the powerful attraction I felt for her.

Whenever she was near, my body reacted in inexplicable ways, the air thick with unspoken tension.

This had been going on for a month now, and Jennie was the ultimate tease.

Her gaze held an intensity that I never anticipated, as if she wanted to consume me entirely.

And when it came to my hormones, they were certainly not behaving normally.

I felt utterly defenseless in Jennie's presence.

So, anyone who dares claim that I lack game should remember that they aren't the ones being thoroughly captivated.

As for her kisses, well, they had the power to drive me insane.

I had also distanced myself from Lisa ever since Jennie and I started dating.

It may seem cruel to abandon a friend in need, but I knew how much Jennie despised Lisa.

It may sound foolish, but I was doing it for Jennie's sake.

We decided to catch the new movie, "Insidious," a horror flick, on Saturday.

It happened to be one of my favorites.

"Wait here for me. I'll just pay for our movie tickets," I instructed, walking away to find the ticket counter.