Xiao Zhan always doted on him, whether at home or outside. Being six years older, Wang Yibo sometimes felt that Xiao Zhan truly treated him like a child.

"It's hot, I just sat down for a while," Wang Yibo said, shifting his gaze to the side. Xiao Zhan understood and picked up Wang Yibo's plate, moving it a few spots to the left. "The hotter it is, the more you shouldn't sit in front of it. Come sit here."

Xiao Zhan sighed helplessly. "I'll come over and eat with you later."

Seeing his plate land in the second empty seat to the right of Lin Siwen, it was obvious who the extra space was reserved for. He couldn't help but smile inwardly, realizing that Xiao Zhan was quite good at reading people.

"I hope you all don't mind me crashing the party," Xiao Zhan smiled and asked the others at the table, receiving warm welcomes.

After giving Wang Yibo's shoulder a squeeze, he turned to get his food. Wang Yibo watched his figure walking towards the self-service area and felt a sense of security.

"I've never seen Captain Xiao in person before. He's indeed devastatingly handsome," Yang Xuetin, a new trainee flight attendant, remarked. Wang Yibo turned back, and she continued, "Yibo, you're so lucky. Captain Xiao treats you so well."

"Ah..." Wang Yibo felt a bit awkward yet secretly delighted. It was the feeling of having a long face. He smiled and said, "He is just like that."

"Just like that? Are you trying to be humble? I'm so envious," she exclaimed.

Indeed, just like that, Xiao Zhan had always been like this with him, from when they first met at the age of fourteen until now.

Wang Yibo resumed eating with his chopsticks, and in his mind, flashes of the past appeared—during summer vacation, he used to visit his dad at the military camp. When his dad was busy, he would ask the still-in-training Xiao Zhan to accompany him. At that time, he was in his mischievous years, full of curiosity, and would pester Xiao Zhan to take him to see fighter jets and watch pilot training. Xiao Zhan couldn't refuse him and would secretly take him there.

During those summers, it seemed hotter than now. Their faces would turn red from the sun, covered in sweat, but they could still run around the camp all afternoon without getting tired.

Xiao Zhan was still a teenager back then, with a slightly darker complexion than now, more muscular, and a buzz cut. He remembered a few times when he was too tired to walk, and Xiao Zhan would carry him back to his dad's office.

He carried him so steadily, without any bumps. There was a slightly unpleasant smell of sweat on his body, mixed with a faint scent of pine trees after rain—a fragrance that matched his own pheromones, just like him, gentle, elegant, and comforting.

"Why are you daydreaming? Eat your food," Xiao Zhan said as he sat down on the left side of Wang Yibo, holding a plate of food. Wang Yibo snapped back to reality upon hearing him speak and lowered his head to eat.

Xiao Zhan seemed to have released a hint of pheromones, as Wang Yibo caught a whiff of the refreshing scent of spruce. He also heard Xiao Zhan greet Lin Siwen and engage in conversation with her. Both of them maintained a polite yet distant demeanour.

"How many days have you been flying, Captain Lin?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"It's been three days. After today's flight, I'll have some time off. What about you?" Lin Siwen replied.

"Today is my first day," Xiao Zhan replied, placing his glass down. He glanced towards Wang Yibo and smiled, saying, "I went to Ya'an with Yibo over the weekend. He can't stay at home and always likes to go out."

"I see..." Lin Siwen awkwardly responded. Xiao Zhan's words and expression seemed natural, without any deliberate display of affection. Lin Siwen, unsure of how to continue the conversation, said while eating, "Young people, they all like to go out and have fun."

"It's not necessarily related to age, just personal traits," Xiao Zhan smiled faintly, also focusing on his meal. "There are plenty of people who are young at heart despite their age."

Wang Yibo almost burst out laughing and quickly stuffed a piece of broccoli into his mouth. Lin Siwen remained silent for a while before uttering a soft "Hmm," clearly feeling a bit uneasy.

Under the table, Wang Yibo kicked Xiao Zhan to remind him that it was enough. Xiao Zhan understood the hint and joined in the conversation with the others, avoiding any further interaction with Lin Siwen until they left the table.

The two planes departed the airport, one after the other, each following its own flight path.

Xiao Zhan turned his head and saw the snow-capped peaks of the Xiling Mountains amidst the drifting clouds. In about half an hour, if Wang Yibo happened to look out the window, they would be able to see the same mountain and the same sky together.

What was this? A romance exclusive to pilots?

Xiao Zhan pushed his sunglasses up and felt that he was becoming more and more melodramatic.

"What are you laughing at, Laoshi?" Song Li asked.

"Nothing," Xiao Zhan shook his head, picked up a bottle of mineral water, took a sip, and said, "We're having a hotpot with Huan jie tonight. Do you want to join?"

"Sure," Song Li replied, using his fingers to adjust his bangs in front of the mirror and raising an eyebrow with a smile. "But I won't disturb laoshi and his wife, right?"

Xiao Zhan looked at him speechlessly. "Can't you stop teasing me? Will you die if you don't poke fun?"

"Where did I tease you? I just don't want to be a light bulb" Song Li said, sticking out his tongue and sitting up straight before Xiao Zhan got angry. "I'm not into same-sex relationships, so don't worry."

"You better not be, or I'll throw you out right now," Xiao Zhan glanced at the radar map and said, "Report to the ground, prepare for altitude climb."

"Sichuan 7326," Song Li pressed the communication key and said, "Requesting altitude climb."

"Copy. Sichuan 7326, climb to 8,200 meters, repeat, climb to 8,200 meters," the ground staff replied.

"Copy, Sichuan 7326."

The mountainsdisappeared into the clouds, and when they reappeared, dusk had already set in.