Chapter Three - Will we ever learn?

Start from the beginning

Ted creaked open the door just enough to squeeze through and to not cause any alarm, he sat down on the corner of his brothers bed and looked at his role model.

"I'm worried about you." Theodore looked at his platonic soulmate with genuine fear and worry clouding in his eyes.

"Me too." Felix mumbled under his breath, half sarcastic.

"Seriously Felix, i think you need help-"

"I don't need help Teddy I just want my girlfriend back!" The blonde raised his voice alarmingly and shot up from his bed bound position, causing the other boy to lean back in surprise.

There was a moment of silence between the two twins, not exactly awkward; but more cautious.

"Would you like me to stay here for the rest of the night?" The timid boy spoke.

"I don't care." Felix avoided eye contact with his brother, knowing Theodore could read him like a book.

"..Please." Felix whispered.

Ted smiled, "I'll grab my blanket."

For the next few minutes Felix was left alone with his thoughts again, which was very dangerous. He had to say something to her, but what? He'd already screwed things up with her enough. If only he didn't go to that stupid, pointless party. If only he didn't have one too many drinks. If only.. he didn't hook up with Cindy. Everything would've been okay.

But there's nothing he could do about that now.

He picked up his phone and stared at his lock screen for a second. What once was a photo of him and Carla was now a photo of baby him and Theodore being held by their late mother. Felix sadly smiled at the fond memory before unlocking his phone and going onto messages.

Felix: Can we talk?

///

Carla's POV:

Carla stared up at the crumbling paint flaking apart from her extremely old ceiling as she tried to think of something that could force her out of bed, but ended up with nothing.

Her phone pinged and pinged, one notification after another, and each ping followed with a small groan from the latina.

What could people possibly want from her? Cut her some slack, she'd just split with her boyfriend of 3 years.

Sure, the "Are you alright?" and "I'm here for you." messages were nice, but she doubted they all meant them. The only people she could trust at the moment were her close friends but even that was a push at times.

She contemplated checking the notifications but decided against it; What she didn't know couldn't hurt her, right?

Ding!

This time, Carla groaned loudly. She had just woken up and was most definitely not in the mood to speak to anyone, especially not a door-to-door salesman.

Bang!

Jesus Christ, whoever was outside the Dominguez's door was adamant to come in.

Carla tiptoed downstairs, carefully tracing around the parts of the stairwell that she knew would creek because the house was about a thousand centuries old.

The rapid knocking from the other side of the door could be heard from all the way down the street; Whoever this was, they were persistent.

Carla grabbed the keys from the sideboard and turned them in the lock, before carefully pulling the door ajar.

"Carla! I've been trying to call you! Where the hell have you been?!" A small girl shouted from the brunettes doorstep. She was around 4,10 with short, faded cobalt hair with a large pink flower poking out from behind her ear.

"Oh hey Lily, sorry i've- uh, i've been busy." Carla shrugged it off and smiled sheepishly.

"Yeah okay, you might be able to play that card with others but as your best friend i can see right through your lies. I'm worried about you Carla." Lily Monstermon spoke with a deep tone of concern in her voice.

"I'm fine Lily really-"

"Carlotta Dominguez I am your best friend of 10 years and you dare lie to my face?!"

"..."

"Okay fine, come in." Carla rolled her eyes in defeat and widened the door just enough for Lily to squeeze through before shutting it behind her abruptly.

After 3 hot chocolates, 5 mental breakdowns shared between the two of them and numerous cuddling and consoling sessions Carla felt at least a little better.

"Thank you for this Lily, I really needed it." Carla smiled at her best friend.

"I know, that's what i'm here for silly," She looked at the clock on the wall which read 11:13pm, "Oh shit, it's later than I thought."

"You can stay the night. My dads on a business trip and my older brothers looking after my siblings so it's just me." The latina offered.

"Thank you so much!" Lily smiled greatfully and they laid out a bet for the small girl.

Ping!

Carla's phone vibrated at the notification.

"Oh leave it, it's probably nothing." Carla grabbed a pillow from the other room and chucked it over Lily's bedsheets.

"Carla.. you're gonna wanna see this.." Lily read the notification.

Ex-bf💔: Can we talk?

"..Shit! What do I say?" Carla paced around her room, panic flooding her head.

"Shhh, calm down, i'll handle it." Lily reassured her friend and began typing for her.

Carla: I think we need to.

———

hello!! i'm sorry this chapter is so late omg i've had Felix's part written for ages but i never got round to finishing Carla's but here it is!! i hope you all enjoy <33