Stern faces and brick walls

Lena was growing accustomed to the ways of the Weasley children in the days that followed their meeting, particularly the pesky twins and their habit of interrupting Lena while she's eating. "So" Fred began, "You're-"
"A Dursley-" George ended, Lena glanced up from her Shepards pie, "No. I'm a loon who pretends to be Harry's cousin" she said sarcastically, squinting her eyes as she scraped her piece of pie off of her fork, much to the displeasure of George who disliked the noise. "Do you like pranks?" George asked whilst wincing as Lena continued to scrape her teeth along her fork which began to echo in the quieting Leaky Cauldron. Lena pondered this question, she hadn't been devious enough to concoct such elaborate plans as the twins had told her about in their many conversations, but she decided she wanted to live a little wilder than she had been allowed at the Dursley's. Turning to the twins smiling, "I would enjoy playing a light hearted joke from time to time" the twins looked at one another grinning then Fred, who was sat beside her, wrapped his lanky arm over her shoulder and smiled, "Well, looks like we have-"
"A partner in crime" George finished,
Lena unwrapped herself from Fred's arm and politely left the group to go for a long sleep.

In the weeks leading up to September, Lena grew closer with the Weasleys and Hermione. She enjoyed talking to Hermione about what schooling at Hogwarts was like as a muggleborn and then going into fervent detail about each class and their curriculum for first year. When she had grown a bit restless all the children would venture to Fortescue's parlour where they all watched as Lena would walk behind the counter and serve her friends a treat, Harry was still a little bit jealous she had charmed her way into making the ice creams. Her time spent this summer was admittedly at the start a bit bleak but now she almost wished it would never end.

Mrs. Weasley came over to the children who were browsing quidditch supplies in the early afternoon and told everyone to come outside. Lena had been chatting idly to the twins about quidditch teams to support in the upcoming quidditch World Cup when Mrs Weasley beckoned them to where everyone else had been waiting. "Alright everyone, since its September first tomorrow, I think you should pack your things ready- Fred, George and Ron don't try me I've seen your rooms! Off you go" they began to begrudgingly walk away from the quidditch shop towards the Leaky cauldron when Mrs Weasley called Lena back. "What's wrong Mrs Weasley?"
"Oh nothing dear!" she hummed lovingly, "I have a present for you"
"But Mrs. Weasley I barely even know-" Molly held her finger to her lips, handing her a crimson box. "I heard about your family situation and can't imagine how you must be feeling. So I thought I might get you something before you go to Hogwarts to show you that you'll always have a place with us much like Harry" Lena stared in shock at Mrs Weasley's generosity and kindness, when she opened the tiny box she could have broken down sobbing with delight. It was a simple gold necklace with her initials engraved in it. It was perfect. So simple, she suspected it was goblin made and full of love. Lena hugged Mrs. Weasley whole-heartedly, holding back her tears, "Thank you"
"Its really not a problem, I believe after what you went through, you deserve something from people who care about you." That is as much love as Petunia used to show Lena what felt like a lifetime ago for the young girl; she missed her family that had once loved her with everything they had and now she knew what unconditional love was meant to be.

Harry woke Lena with a start, bounding into her room jumping onto her and shaking her like a rag doll, "Lena!"
"Leave me be..." she groaned, desperately crawling under her covers again, Harry chuckled holding his hands up in defeat and glanced cheekily back to his cousin singing, "It's the day..." and like lightning, Lena rose rushing around to get ready; screaming at Harry like a lunatic, "You could have started with that you!"
"Apologies I didn't know I had to be mysterious and vague in order to gain your attention!" Harry remarked as his cousin turned to him wearing an expression of sarcasm he knew all to well. Leaving a few moments later to grab Hedwig and his trunks, Lena ran around excitedly grabbing her spare books and her wand; realising she was about to live the dream she had been waiting for for nearly two years.