Wedding of the Century

Unbeknownst to the now-engaged royals, they had a witness. An imp with purple tentacles for hair watched from afar, chortling to themselves. They grinned, pearly white fangs glistening in the light. The imp reached into their suit jacket and produced a piece of chalk. With precision, they wrote a circle with symbols around it on the nearby wall and then leaped into it.

.

.

.

As the creature disappeared into the circle, a portal opened up elsewhere and they reappeared to a dark, underground lair. The walls were lined with shelves filled with ancient tomes and strange artifacts; the scene was illuminated by floating blue fire. The imp made their way to a large stone table in the center of the room where none other than King Boo sat. The glistening purple crown sat on his head. King Boo's vibrant mauve eyes turned to the imp, a devilish grin stretching across his fangs. "Ah, Marquis Masque! Welcome back, friend," he said. "What is your report?"

The marquis bowed. "My lord, I bring interesting news from the Darklands: King Bowser has proposed to his consort!" he said.

"Interesting news indeed," King Boo said, tapping his nubby appendage on the armrest of his chair. "How... heartwarming. After so many misses, the mighty Demon King has found love, and to that deplorable, cowardly plumber in green no less. "

Venom laced his voice. The magical crown on his head glowed brighter; several books were thrown out of their shelves. King Boo snarled, "Six wretched years! I've been confined in this infernal mansion for that long!" he shouted. "Meanwhile those two are enjoying their freedom and basking in their love for each other!"

"King Boo, if I may, what better way to get revenge on the green plumber than to crash his wedding~"

King Boo laughed, "This is why you and I are friends, Masque. You always come up with the most devilish of plans."

Masque chuckled, their tentacled hair bouncing as they moved. The marquis jumped onto the stone table and adjusted their tie. "I have already called an ally to aid you in this endeavor."

"Masque, you spoil me," said Boo. "Who is this ally you speak of?"

Suddenly the doors opened. A hulking figure walked into the room, the rustling of a cape followed behind. King Boo rose from his chair and floated forward, "Well, this is a surprise."

" Hello, Boo ."

King K. Rool stomped into his office; the light from the floating flames reflected off his gold armor and crown. His bulging eye stared off into the distance while the other focused on the ghostly ruler; needle-like teeth peeked out of his snout. Rool snorted, "Heard you've got revenge plans and needed a way outta here, " he said.

"Marquis Masque has just informed me that the Mario brother, Luigi, is getting married. I plan to crash his wedding!"

Rool scratched his chin, "Hmm... Crashing weddings ain't really my style, but I have been out of the game for a while," he mused. "I do miss causing chaos."

After their final defeats, both villainous rulers were imprisoned in their own way. This "era of peace" or whatever has truly put a damper on their schemes. Rool approached the stone table and sat down. Boo crossed his arms. "You know, Luigi isn't the only one that's going to be present," he said. "Donkey Kong might be there~"

Rool raised an eyebrow at Boo's statement. "Donkey Kong? That big ape? " he asked with a growl. "What could he possibly have to do with this?"

Boo smirked. "DK is close friends with the plumber boys. His presence at the wedding is guaranteed," he said.