"You aren't weirded out by this?", he asks quietly. "No of course not I'm just still trying to process what I have learned in the past hour", I say with a light chuckle.

"I honestly still have no clue how your dad found out it was me", he says. I then began to think back to their encounter.

What is something he said that some how hinted what he was.

But then I remembered a certain detail.

"Does you necklace have to do anything with your family?", I ask him. "Well it is a family heirloom, why?"

"Do you remember when you got up after you fell he noticed your necklace so surely he knew what it was" "That actually would make a lot of sense. You know I'm surprised you didn't find out", he says.

"Why?"

"Well when I met you in my other form you didn't really seem to notice my height"

"Are wolves not that tall?"

"Pff no they range about two to three feet"

"Well I just thought I was just short"

"You admitted it!", he suddenly says. "Okay wow you're built like a giant congrats", I say as I roll my eyes.

"We should get going, my dad is probably waiting", he tells me. He backs into the bush again but then leaps out of it as his wolf form. He crouches down and I get on.

I wake up but don't open my eyes.

I must have fallen asleep.

I listened to the soft chirping of the birds in the air. I slowly flutter my eyes open and see the tall thin trees above me.

I slightly turn my head and see Clay.

He was staring straight ahead as he walked. He was carrying me in bridal style. He then looks down at me with loving eyes. I slightly blush as I began to snuggle against his bare chest.

"Go back to sleep my sleeping beauty", he says as he lightly kisses my forehead. I smile with delight at his action. I fall back soundly asleep as I listened to the soft beating of his heart.

I wake up once again but I'm no longer in the woods. I find myself on a couch with a blanket wrapped around me.

I see Clay by my feet as he sat with his elbows on his knees, looking down at the ground.

He was in his usual dark green hoodie with some black sweatpants. His hair was wet as if he just gotten out the shower. "Clay?", I say quietly.

He quickly turns his head and gives me a soft smile. He stands up and makes his way over to me. He kneels down on the floor next to me and he stared at me happily.

"How long was I out for?", I ask. "Not that long", he says softly. But I see his smile drop as he looks down. "What's wrong?", I asked.

He then lets out a sigh. "Soo my dad found out that your dad and his buddies will be in jail for about a week"

(I don't know if you can actually get thrown into jail for hunting so don't come at me 😭)

"Isn't that a good thing?", I say. "Yes but.."

"But what?"

"My dad thinks it's best if we...leave the city before they get released"

I felt the whole world around me begin to go in slow motion.

"W-what?"

"He says it's safer for us because...who knows they might come after us again once they get out"

"B-but where would you go?"

"Just to a different city passed the forest"

"So my dad wants me to start packing my things soon..", he adds on.

"Will I ever see you again?"

"I...I don't think so", he says quietly.

No no no.

I can feel my world begin to crumble.

"B-but why?", I say as my voice starts to break. "It's for our safety George...as much as I don't want to do this I have to.."

"I don't want you to leave", I say as tears began to steam down my face. I see Clay's face turn into a more hurtful one. "I'm sorry George...but I don't have a choice", he says as tears began to prickle his eyes.

"Y-you can't be serious", I say quietly as my tears began to blur my vision. Clay then brings me into a warm embrace. I shove my face into his neck as I sobbed.

Right when I thought everything was going my way...
________________________________
1415 words

:[

A Forest Away (dnf)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara