Twelve

*George's POV* (Time skip a few days later)
Lately me and Clay have been talking to each other! He even apologized to me about Aiden being a total jerk to me.

We would talk for a bit every time we would run into each other like in class, in the halls, you name it. And when I would walk up to Clay to talk with him, Aiden is always there to glare at me but I don't care it's not like he's gonna do anything anyway.

It was break so me and Nick were heading to the lunch line along with everyone else. But then that's when I get a glimpse of Clay. I turn to Nick "Hey look there's Clay, do you want to go with him so we can get further up the line", I slightly lie him.

Technically I didn't lie to him but there was another reason why I wanted to go. "Sure", he says with a slight shrug. We make our way over to him. "Clay!", I exclaimed feeling a slight flutter in my chest as say it.

He turns and gives me a smile. "Hi George", he says softly. He then looked over next to me "Sup Nick", he says as he dabs him up. "Sup man", I hear Nick say back.

*Clay's POV*
As Nick was talking to me about something, I see Aiden walk over to the other sides of me. "Hey Georgie, mind if I can speak with you for a second", he says which causes both me and Nick to pause and look at him.

"Um why", George says with a raised brow. "Come on it will only be quick", Aiden says. George turns to me, locking our eyes. I slowly shake my head with a worried look. He looks back down at Aiden "Fine", he says hesitantly.

No George!

I can feel myself tense up as I watched Aiden lead George out of the cafeteria. Nick and I both exchanged worried looks.

*George's POV*
What does he want? I say to myself as I followed Aiden out of the cafeteria. He heads to the door that leads to the outside tables that the school had.

People hardly ever use them so there wasn't that many people out here. It was usually the people that wanted to keep to themselves so they wouldn't be overwhelmed with the amount of people inside.

Aiden walks along the building then comes to a complete stop and turns to look at me. "So what did you-", I try to ask but Aiden cuts me off. "I want you to stay away from Clay", he says firmly.

What?

I pause for a moment.

"Is this really what this is about?"

"Yes."

"What are you afraid I'm gonna take your bestie away?", I say as I slight laughed.

"All I want is you to stay away from him, that's all I'm asking"

Is he being serious?

"I don't understand, why does it bother you so much that we're talking to each other?", I ask him. I can see him shift his weight. 

"Because you're the last person I want Clay to be around with"

"And why is that?"

"Because it's you! And he has suddenly become so protective of you, every time I would try to approach you he knew that I was gonna say something so he would argue with me to stop. You are turning him against me!", he says as he points his finger at me.

Clay is protective of me?

I could feel a smile start to form on my face but I quickly suppress it.

"I mean, I would have started to go against you to if you were being an absolute jerk to people", I boldly say.

He then suddenly grabs me by the collar of my shirt and throws me against the wall. "Now listen to me, you're going to stop talking to Clay and if you don't you're going to regret it", he say coldly.