Chapter 1: The Journey Begins

The archmage, Arctus, and his apprentice, Erin, stood before the portal to the Shadow Realm. They had been preparing for this moment for months, researching everything they could about the newly ascended Shadow God and his divinity crystal. Their goal was to destroy the crystal, thereby weakening the Shadow God's power and preventing him from decending to the mortal realm with his Shadow army. But the journey they were about to undertake was not without risks.

"Are you sure you're ready for this, Erin?" Arctus asked, eyeing his young apprentice with concern. Erin had only recently completed her training as a mage and this would be her first time entering the Shadow Realm.

She is a Lamia lady. As a lamia, her upper body is human and her lower body in snake like. She is 500 years old. She is considered a youngling in her race. She is from the royal family of the Naga Empire in mortal realm.She has reached master rank and has affinity to darkness. So shadow realm is perfect place for her to explore.

"I am, Master Arctus," Erin replied, her voice steady. "I know the risks, but I'm prepared to face them."

Arctus nodded, satisfied with his apprentice's answer. "Very well. Remember what we discussed about the Shadow Realm. It's a realm of darkness, where even the light magic can't penetrate deeply. Your training has prepared you for this, but remain vigilant."

Arctus would have taken Lirien as she too is a master rank mage. But she is currently busy guarding the door to the demon realm. Her affinity is nature magic. which makes Erin better suitable for the journey than her.

So with that, Arctus stepped through the portal, Erin following closely behind. As they emerged on the other side, they were immediately enveloped in darkness. Erin muttered a spell under her breath, illuminating the area around them with a faint glow.

They began their journey deeper into the Shadow Realm, faced with various obstacles along the way. They encountered shadow creatures, shadow slaves, mutated shadow monsters which they dispatched with their magic, and traversed treacherous terrains. After what seemed like days, they finally arrived at the main temple of the Shadow God.