Rengoku

2 years ago I married Rengoku. He was the best husband i could ever ask for. He treated me like I was a princess And a mission for him wasnt over until he was back home to me. I wasn't a demon slayer so he knew that i worried whenever he was away.

It was the middle of the night, I was fast asleep and Rengoku was out on a patrol. I was woken up by a strange noise outside. I lit a candle and went outside to look. Automatically a bad idea as i was met face to face with a demon.

Before i could react a flash appeared in front of me and the Demons head was off. once i had process everything i realised it was Rengoku.

Before i could speak he looked at me but it wasnt his usual smile.

"Go inside Y/n. Its not safe" He says

i did and a few minutes later Rengoku came into the house. He put his sword away before turining to me

"I told you when we got married that if you are home alone at night you stay indoors at all times. Why where you outside?" Rengoku demanded.

"I-im sorry i wasn't thinking" I say

"Thats right. You weren't thinking. And not thinking is what will get you killed." he says raising his voice.

He had never done that before. I didn't say anything and rushed to the bedroom. It honestly scared me a little.

I heard him come into the room, he got changed before coming over to the bed. He scooped me up and sat me in his lap. he then just held me while pressing soft kisses on my forehead.

"I apologise for raising my voice at you, It was an honest mistake that you made while tired and i should not hold you accountable. I was scared, I reacted out of fear and im sorry for scaring you fire fly" he says softly.

"I was being careless im sorry too" i say

"I just love you so much darling, I would never forgive myself if anything happened to you" He says.

"I know, I love you too Kyojuro" I say

He smiled and hugged me while laying down.

"I am home now, i will keep you safe, goodnight my fire fly" he whispered pressing a kiss on my forehead.