Sanemi (Pt-2)

It's been 3 years since Sanemi and I got married and 10 months after we welcomed our son, Haruka into the world.

He was the split and double of Sanemi and had the cutest little laugh. When i first became a mother i was afraid greatly. Nobody could blame me either, I was still learning to adapt without an arm but Sanemi was amazing. Sanemi was out at a hashira meeting, the sun was coming close to setting so i knew he wouldn't be too long home.

"Haruka, My love can you help Mama?" I asked as I tried to wash the dishes from supper.

The water was luke warm and usually, he liked to help me. But tonight he wasn't interested at all and ignored me...

"Haruka?"

I turned around and he was nowhere to be seen in the room. I got up and looked everywhere. But the sound of laughter from outside calmed my nerves. I came out onto the porch to see Sanemi with Haruka in his arms.

"Mama! Papa home!" Haruka smiled.

"I can see," I say.

Sanemi walked over and put Haruka down letting him run inside.

"Welcome home" i say softy.

Sanemi gave me a hug as his smile faded away.

"What happened darling?" I asked

"Bastard demons again...We lost Kocho...Same demon who killed Kanae" He says.

I knew about Kanae, I respected that he still had to feel for her, and I in no way wanted to replace her... She was his first love after all.

"I'm so sorry" I say

"Honestly...I feel bad for Tomioka, while i don't like the guy he was genuinely heartbroken" he added.

"Poor Giyuu" I signed

We went inside and Haruka was running around and doing rolls on his futon. Sanemi had noticed the Dishes that needed to be done so he went over and started doing them.

"Sanemi ill do them really," I say.

"Y/n go rest, you look exhausted," He says

"So are you" I say.

"y/n please" he says.

"Alright, Haruka come say goodnight to papa" I say.

Haruka nodded and gave Sanemi a cuddle.

"Goodnight papa"

"Goodnight Haruka" Sanemi smiled.

I took Haruka through to the other room where we slept and I lay down with him till he fell asleep.

"Mama..."

"yes my love?"

"Why do you have one arm?" Haruka asked

"Well, you know how papa goes out and fight those monsters?" i asked

"The Demons!"

"yes the demons, Well Mama used to do that too, Before papa and I got married we were out on a mission together, and a demon came and nearly killed papa, but mama pushed papa out of the way and the demon cut my arm off" I explained.

"You saved papas life!" he gasped

"she did, And it was that moment that papa fell in love with mama" Sanemi says joining us.

Haruka was amazed by the story. he then turned to Sanemi and smiled

"When I grow up. I wanna fight demons just like papa and Uncle Geya! (Genya) " he says

"Well if you're wanting to become a demon slayer you need to get plenty of sleep so you grow up big and strong like papa" I say

After i said that Haruka turning over and went straight to sleep. I felt Sanemi hold my hand and give it a gentle squeeze. I motioned for him to follow me and we went outside.

"Sanemi what is it?" I asked knowing something was bothering

"He's only 2...God y/n he has no idea how dangerous and traumatic it is being a demon slayer let alone a hashira...I mean look what it did to you, You lost your arm, you have nightmares even after nearly 4 years, and you worry constantly when i'm away..." he says.

"if it weren't for the fact that Kibutsuji is creating more demons every day I would be home with you both every day without a second thought, but i cant, I have to go out because i need to know that you and our son are safe..." he added

"I know love...but were surrounded by Wisteria trees thanks to Shinobu, Were close to the butterfly mansion so we are as safe as we can get" I say.

Sanemi sighed and pulled me into his arms pressing a kiss on my forehead. I knew that behind his tough act he was a huge softie, he worries deeply about the people he loves, Even Genya, though he wont ever admit that.

"i love you so much y/n..." he whispered

"I love you too Sanemi" I whispered