Tengen

Being one of Tengen Uzui wives may seem like a dream come true for most girls. Some may say im lucky to be accepted into their marraige.

truth be told The only reason I married Tengen was because he saved my fathers life from a demon and to repay him gave him my hand in marraige.

And in all honesty i feel really out of place. I mean My husband is a Hashira and he has 3 wives who are all part of the demon slayer corps.

Unlike me Im just a regular girl who got forced i to marriage. I didnt really leave my room when i arrived at the Uzui house hold.

I kept to myself and didn't really interact with the others. I heard Tengen tell the girls to give me space as all this was new and they've been respectful of my space.

I was in my room doing a cross stitch when I heard the door slide open. I turned to find Tengen standing.

"Is everything okay Uzui?" I asked

"May I come in?" he asked.

I nodded and he shut the door. Walking over he sat beside me on my futon.

"What are you doing?" he asked curious.

"This is a cross stitch, my mother used t make them all the time with me, I have all brothers so it was something special we could do together" I explained.

"you know, Hinatsuru likes to cross stitch" he says.

"Im sure shes great at them" i say.

"She is," he sighed.

"Do you need something? im sure you havnt just come into my room to ask me what im doing and then tell me that one of your wives also do that" I asked.

"Are you ever going to leave your room? Its been 4 months since you come here and you're yet to join is for a meal" He asked

"I like my space, im only here because my father basically gave me away like I'm some object" I stated.

"Don't you at least want to try and get along with the girls and I?"

"The only interactions i will make in the marriage are the expected marital duties. So unless you wish to have children i'm fine staying here alone in my room" I explained.

"Will you at least join us for dinner tonight its my birthday and I would like to spend it with the girls i love" he asked.

"Then you don't need me there"

"You think i don't care for you?" He frowned

"you dont know me"

"so let me get to know you. Do you have something against me or the girls? Because if so tell me" Tengen asked.

"you really want to know!? Fine." i say throwing the cross stitch down.

"Yes I have a problem. Im not Ploy like you are your wives. I wanted a husband who i genuinely wanted to be around. I wanted a husband who only devoted himself to me. When i was told i was getting married to a Hashira i thought that it wouldn't be so bad, at least then id have some protections on the nights that he was home but then i found out that you had 3 other wives. Then i wasn't okay with this. Its selfish but i don't want to share my husband with 3 over woman who may I add are absolutely gorgeous and make me feel like a fool for thinking i could have someone as amazing as you love me because I'm not like them. Im not a demon slayer. Im not good at fighting and i certainly am not good looking. I have no boobs, Im small and Im chubby. So yes I have a problem. Which is why i would greatly appreciate being left alone."

It took Tengen a moment to process what i piled onto him. Once thinking of his reaponse he spoke.

"Are you unhappy in this marriage?" he asked

"Honestly?" i asked

"yes honestly" he says.

"Yes I am unhappy" I say.

He stood up and nodded.

"Then I will look into us getting divorced if you wish to" he says.

"But ill give you as long as you need to decide if thats what you want. I will go to your father and personally explain that the marraige just wasnt working and that you deserve sombody much better than I am. somebody who can give you the love and attention that i want. Its what you deserve." Tengen added.

He then left leaving me alone. Over the next few days i really thought about what I wanted. Once I made up my mind I left my room and found Tengen outside with the girls.

Suma noticed me and squealed

"Y/n! SHES OUT OF HER ROOM!"

before i could react she threw herself on me and hugged me.

"Nice to see you out of your room y/n" Hinatsuru smiled

"you're looking kinda pale need to get some sun on you" Makio says.

I hated this. I was going to shatter them all with my next sentence.

"Tengen...I want a divorce"

"Girls can uou give me and y/n a moment" he asked.

The nodded and went i side. Once we were alone i looked at him and he did look genuinely sad.

"Is that what you really want?" he asked

"it is" I answered.

"Alright...then i will organise for us to divorce..." he says.

"Im sorry. I can see that you all seemed happy when I came out..ive ruined the mood" I say

"Don't apologise y/n, Im just pleased you've been honest with me, even if i had to force it out of you in the first place." he says.

After that the divorce was organised and i went back home to my parents. My dad at first was furious of me getting divorced until i told him about the 3 other wives that he had and how it made me feel. He understood and apologised for just giving me off a man who i had never met.

however after the divorce Tengen still dripped by regularly to check up on me. We became good friends and I eventually became good friends with the girls.