two

"Shit." Winter hisses as her hands twitch, causing the razor to skid down slightly near the back of her knee. "Fuck." She literally cuts herself every single time she attempts to shave her legs. It's not like she has much to shave anyways but it leaves an unsettling feeling in her stomach to see hair anywhere on her legs. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen very often, so she's a little out of practice. If there's one thing that Karina knows about her that nobody else does, it's that she's squeamish as fuck and hates the sight of blood.

She sees a small stream start to trickle down her leg, mixing with the water and making it look like there is more than there actually is. The sight of it makes her stomach churn, creating a queasy, unsettled feeling in the pit of her gut, ugh. "Karina?" She calls from the bathroom, no answer. Oh no, she's not feeling so good. "Karina?" She asks again, much more panicked, she sees a droplet of blood fall and land on the bathroom floor. Ew, ew, ew, ew. Is it hot in here? She presses a piece of toilet paper onto the cut to try and stop the bleeding, but the blood soaks through and Winter feels it on her fingers. "Karina!"

"What do you want?" Karina calls lazily from the living room.

Winter swallows, covering her eyes with her free hand. "I'm bleeding."

"Again?"

"Yes, again, you asshole."

"Just do the toilet paper thing."

"It's not working!"

"You're probably doing it wrong!"

The queasy feeling intensifies, and Winter groans in frustration. "Karina, come on."

A loud, exhausted sigh comes from the living room and Karina walks into the cramped bathroom, crossing her arms and looking down at Winter. She looks like she's trying not to laugh. "Winter, seriously? That's got to be the smallest cut yet."

Winter scowls. "It won't stop bleeding."

"One sec." Karina sighs, leaving the bathroom and coming back with a tube of chapstick. She knocks Winter's hand out of the way with her fingers. "I knew you were doing it wrong, you've really gotta push it into the cut-"

Winter shuts her eyes, groaning. "Ew, stop. Please."

Karina chuckles. "Alright, hold still." She reaches forward and scraps the bloody piece of toilet paper. Winter can feel the blood near the back of her knees collecting again, getting ready to drip down. Karina sighs. "Jeez, Winter. How do you always manage to do this yourself?"

"Please just hurry up and cover it." Winter mumbles, having a million rebuttal arguments but letting them die on the tip of her tongue. Karina is helping her, after all. Karina dabs her cut a few times with a paper towel and then put some chapstick on the tip of her index finger. "My dad taught me this trick." She says. "To stop the bleeding." She presses her finger to the cut, covering it with chapstick. It stings but Winter refuses to let Karina know that. Karina holds her still by holding onto her thighs, leaning in and examining the small cut, her face melts into an easy smile.

"There, see? All better." She says, a little condescendingly, sending Winter a smug grin. "Want me to kiss it too?"

Winter scowls further. "Go away."

"You're welcome!" Karina calls behind her as she saunters back into the living room. Winter sighs, cleaning up her mess before following Karina, flopping down on the couch next to her and staring at the wall where a TV should be. They keep meaning to get one, but every time they look at them online, they end up finding something else they want more. Like an expensive rice cooker, a soda stream, or some other useless junk that their kitchen doesn't have any room for.