Chapter 13

After ending the conversation with Won Hae, Jisoo did not say anything but kept looking at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung continued holding tightly onto the cell phone in her hand. She slowly squatted down and kept her head down.

Jisoo let out a sigh. She slowly stood up and walked over to Chaeyoung. She then squatted down next to Chaeyoung and held onto her hands that were still shaking uncontrollably.

Chaeyoung did not look up, but continued looking at the ground.

Jisoo stared at the droplet of tears that were falling on the ground and she gently pushed Chaeyoung's head to rest on her shoulder.

If she had not been hurt so deeply, she would not have chosen to stay overseas all by herself while bringing up two young children.

She could tell of Chaeyoung's determination from Eunwoo's recap of what had happened and how Chaeyoung had jumped into the sea that day.

Chaeyoung was in low spirits for quite some time, but Jisoo continued staying by her side.

In the end, Chaeyoung chose to meet up with Won Hae. Won Hae continued accommodating her. She knew that Chaeyoung might not want to return to Kim mansion, and therefore, she chose to meet her in a hotel room instead.

Chaeyoung was grateful for her mother-in-law's thoughtfulness. She watched as the two children were playing with one another and she thought about it for a while before saying, "Mom, can I bring two persons to see you tomorrow?"

Won Hae who was sitting on her bed in Kim Mansion was stunned for a moment when she heard those words.

So many things had happened to Chaeyoung in the past, and therefore, she did not have any hope of her grandchild being alive.

That was why Won Hae had some concerns when Chaeyoung said she was bringing someone to meet her.

"Okay, sure," Won Hae replied without changing her tone. If Chaeyoung could be happy, she would be happy for her too.

However, what would her son do then?

"Mom, it is already late. Your health is not good, please rest earlier," Chaeyoung said with concern in her voice.

"Mom wants to talk to you for a little while. I still feel like I am dreaming," Won Hae said as she laughed lightly. When she heard movements outside, she knew that her son was home.

"Mom, you are not dreaming. I am really home," Chaeyoung gently replied. "You will be able to see me tomorrow." There will also be other people that you will be so excited to meet. Chaeyoung did not mention the last sentence. It was a surprise for her mother-in-law.

Chaeyoung continued chatting with Won Hae, but then ended their conversation when she received another phone call.

When Chaeyoung answered the call, she could hear the sound of children crying in the background.

"Miss Roseanne..."

"Matron?" Chaeyoung replied anxiously. "What happened?"

"Those people came to destroy the orphanage again," The matron quickly replied. "These children have no place to go now. It is already night time, what should I do now?"

"Matron, I am coming over now. Please wait for me." Chaeyoung quickly replied as she grabbed her coat and headed toward the door. "Jisoo, please look after my children for a while."

"Chaeyoung, how are you going to go there?" The hotel room door was already closed before Jisoo could get an answer.

As soon as she entered the elevator, Chaeyoung pressed on the ground floor button eagerly. While she was waiting for the elevator to reach the ground floor, Chaeyoung received a call from Seulgi.