Alcon's Journal #24 - 600 Seconds in Spacetime

DSF@ae2c89c74334ba54488233c5f70b1c1e

At this moment, the distance between me and Ami is 180 million kilometers. Even if we were traveling at the speed of light, it would take 600 seconds for a one-way trip.

Due to this vast distance, real-time video is no longer possible. Ami and I constantly exchange video messages, and we have even developed a habit of "asynchronous real-time video" communication. When we open each other's videos, we start recording our own videos while watching. If we want to speak while the other person is talking, we pause the video playback, say what we want to say, and then continue playing the other person's video. This way, the entire interaction process is recorded, and slowly we have developed a daily video routine that starts with us talking about our respective days and ends with this interactive video.

Ami still maintains her wild imagination, and she often asks some divergent but interesting questions:

"Alcon, you said that most of the origin of our galaxy is made up of materials like small asteroids that have been surveyed."

"Yes, many asteroids are remnants of the early galaxy."

"But diamonds also belong to carbon, and we have found many of them on C-class asteroids, haven't we?"

"Well, but you also know that diamonds require extremely high temperatures and pressures..."

"This pressure and temperature are present on many planets, aren't they?"

"Haha, Ami, when did you become interested in astrophysics?"

"After you gave me a diamond, I did some research..." Ami thought for a moment and continued, "If we discover a diamond asteroid from an alien system, will humans go crazy?"

"Many people will, but you and I won't..." I thought for a moment and said.

"I know, because I already have a diamond, and you're not good at dealing with human relationships, nor do you care if people think you're rich..." Ami laughed. After a while, she continued, "Alcon, do you think there are aliens where diamonds are as common as sand, and their scarce resources are things like soil and water, which are common in our galaxy?"

"Probability-wise, it's possible, although we can't reach their system now. But, various combinations of alien civilizations and life are possible." I had just answered, and I felt a bit bookish...

"So if two civilizations meet, both will collapse..." Ami continued.

"Why?" Ami's thinking was, as always, interesting, and I was curious.

"When everyone pursues the ultimate wealth, and finally discovers that it's just a handful of soil from the other civilization, order will collapse, won't it?"

"Doesn't that mean that their planet is full of number 7's? (refer to Ami's faith)" I regretted what I had just said, as I had promised to respect Ami's beliefs...

"It's unlikely, so Mr.No.7th deliberately separated us by a considerable distance to prevent us from meeting. This is his plan...hahah..." Ami replied in amusement. I really enjoyed talking to her like this.

During this exploration voyage, Mars discovered a type M asteroid, which is about the size of 1C city of Galileo#1 space habitat. This type of small celestial body is an ideal target for building a space habitat. During the preparation for landing, I took a small drawing board and wrote "Ami & Alcon" on it. When Mars told me that 3137 had anchored to the asteroid, I jumped out of the spacecraft, took a few steps forward, and turned around for Mars to take a photo of me holding the sign.

After installing the equipment to identify sovereignty on the asteroid, I stood on the asteroid and looked towards Ami's direction. The asteroid's orbit was flying towards the sector where Ami was located. Suddenly, I wondered if I could stay on the asteroid and fly to Ami's side with it instead of taking off.

When I returned to 3137 and took off again from the asteroid, I told Ami about this idea. Ami laughed and said, "Haha, then I can call you Alcon, the wanderer in the universe, or Alcon, the star rider..."

Soon it was time to conclude the exploration mission, and we swiftly adjusted our course, heading back towards the rendezvous point, the Ark#17 space habitat, located near Earth's orbit. As we passed through the airlock and reunited in the gravity transition zone, we embraced each other tightly, filled with a sense of longing and anticipation. Boarding the commuter spaceship to the Earth orbital ring, we were more eager than ever to return home.