-Nine-

Tired and exhausted, you had made your way to the compound. Turns out, the Hydra base wasn't too far away.

Dragging yourself up the steps, using Bucky as support, you lean onto the door, knocking weakly. Exhausted from the physical and mental torture from the past two weeks really took a toll on you, you couldn't even imagine how Bucky felt.

You heard footsteps approaching the door and found Tony on the other side of the door, as his eyes widened in shock as you fell into him.

"Y-yn?" He stuttered.

You couldn't lift yourself, letting your entire weight fall into him. "Mhm. Bucky..."

"Shhh come in." Tony lifted you, carrying you bridal style, as he hesitantly motioned for Bucky to follow.

"Steve." Tony said, as he entered the main room.

He looked up at you, Tony and Bucky, and as soon as his gaze met your week eyes, he rushed over. "Is she..."

"I don't know." Tony said flatly. "Ill take her to the medbay. Take a look at Barnes."

Steve nodded, turning his attention to Bucky. "...Buck?" You heard him whisper, as Tony took you out of the room.

As you reached the med bay you felt your eyes becoming heavy as you had been fighting exhaustion. "Tony." You murmured.

"Yeah?"

"I want to sleep. Can I sleep?" You asked, your voice barely above a whisper.

"Yeah, yeah." He Said softly, placing you onto the bed. "I'll stay."

You nodded weakly, feeling your eyes close and your body rest as you fell asleep almost instantly.

................

"NO!" You sat up frantically, glancing around the dark medbay. Breathing heavily, you gripped the sheets tightly.

Just a nightmare.

As you had calmed down for the most part, you lied back down, resting your head on the pillow. You had escaped, made it home. With Bucky.

Your eyes welled with tears. You couldn't shake the memories of what they had done to you, and every time you closed your eyes the memories seemed to be burned into the back of your eyelids.

Frantic footsteps pulled you from your thoughts as a tall figure opened the door. "Yn?" They whispered.

"Steve?" You called back into the darkness.

He came forward, turning on a lamp to reveal his tired eyes, the bright blue now a dim grey. Dark circles under his eyes and unkept hair told you he hadn't been sleeping. "Steve." You whispered, barely audible.

"I heard you scream, are you okay..." his face flashed a concerned expression.

You smiled sadly. "Just a nightmare." You croaked. "I missed you..."

"I missed you so much. Even if I had to wait until..." he glanced at the clock. "Two A.M to see you."

You chuckled half-heartedly. "What about Bucky? How long have I been asleep?"

"Well you showed up at the steps at about 10 in the morning, and now it's 2 am, so about 16 hours?" Steve said.

You nodded slowly. "And Bucky?"

You noticed a glimmer of hope in his dull, tired eyes. He smiled a little, a genuine happiness sparking. "He remembers." He choked back tears. "He remembers." He repeats.

"Everything?"

Steve nods. "Everything."

You smiled, and it was a real, genuine smile. Resting your head on the pillow, you stared up at the ceiling, your smile fading.

"When can I sleep in my own bed?" You murmer.

"Soon...your extremely malnourished and dehydrated. You may not feel it now, but your weak. Your body that is." Steve stood from his chair. "Get some rest? I'll answer more questions tomorrow morning. And I'll bring Buck too."

You nod, blinking back tears as he left, knowing you wouldn't get any sleep that night no matter what you did.

You were right. When the morning sun inked through the blinds, casting a soft yellow glow onto the tile floors, you were already wide awake, not getting more than an hour of sleep.

Waiting impatiently, you began contemplating whether or not your should get up. Or if you could get up.

Deciding the get out of bed, you slowly moved your legs over the side of the bed. They felt like Jelly.

Slow and steady you placed two feet onto the ground, lifting yourself and standing. It took some effort but you made it a few steps before reaching for the handle of the door, and your knees buckling and you fell forward, only to be caught by Tony, who had opened the door just as you fell.

"Yn?" He gasped, catching you. You gripped his shirt tightly trying to stand. "Hey hey hey. Come on." He scooped you up gently, bringing you back to the bed.

You looked up at him, teary eyed. "I want to walk." You choked out.

"I know, I know." He said soothingly.

You wiped your tears quickly. "Is Steve and Bucky coming?"

Tony nodded. "Only Bucky. He requested to only see you. Alone. He's been...closed off."

"Okay..." Why wouldn't he be? What he had gone through, done, seen, all of it, it had to be traumatizing. You were so scared in just two weeks and he had been there for 70 years.

"I need to run some tests then I'll be out of your hair." Tony said quietly.

You tilted your head. "Don't be in a rush, believe it or not, I enjoy your company tin man." You said, trying to use humor to mask the sadness you felt.

The lack of a witty response worried you. "Tony?"

No response.

"Tony...?" You repeated slowly.

He shook his head, turning to face you. "Why would you-" He scowled. "Why would you even want to be around me?"

"What?" You whispered. "Tony what are you..."

"It was MY fault! Why don't you hate me?" He said helplessly, slumping into a chair next to his computer.

You shook your head violently. "No Tony, no it's not...you tried and it's-"

"Im not good for you Yn...your good and I'm...me...." He muttered.

"And that's why I love you like a brother. Because your you." You said firmly. "It wasn't your fault. Okay?"

No response.

"Okay?" You said sternly.

He looked at you, teary eyed. "Okay."

Hearing the knob turn, Tony nods at you then sees Bucky enter, as Tony leaves, offering a kinda smile.

Leaving just you and Bucky alone, you look at him desperately. "Bucky?" You whisper.

"Hey doll."