-Six-

Sitting in the lounge, you tap your foot impatiently, biting your fingernails. The absent presence of the others was not helping your anxiety, that was growing in the pit of your stomach.

As Tony entered the room your sprung from your seat.

"Yn-" He started.

You couldn't even allow him finish his sentence, as your anxiety had finally reached its peak. "Where is he?"

"Yn, just hold on a seco-"

"Where's Steve and everyone else? Is Bucky-"

Tony sighed, stepping forward and grabbing you by the shoulders and shaking you a little. "Yn!" He said sternly.

"Sorry..." You mumbled under your breath. You hated when you rambled, it was embarrassing and flat out annoying, but you'd been doing it since you were little.

Tony dropped his hands to his side. "Don't be. Just sit down and let me explain."

You nodded in silent agreement as you sat with him in the lounge. "Steve is talking with Bucky. He's in a containment cell, the others are all working separate jobs to try and get him back. Researching, occasionally talking to him."

Your eyes bore deeply into his as he looked you sadly. "He's not himself right now and...after..." he sighed. "I don't think he'll ever really be the same. But you can help him...your special, remember?"

You nodded feeling hot tears threatening to escape your eyes.

Tony wrapped an arm around your shoulder. "You know I consider you my friend right? I care about you, Yn. I do. Just the same as I do Rhodey, and I've known him forever. Your special and don't let anyway tell you anything different."

You sniffled, quickly wiping a stray tear as it escaped your eyes and blinking away remaining tears. You looked up at him, trying to think of something to say, but you couldn't.

"Promise? Because if your lying, and I let you in, you won't get a second chance." You felt your cheeks turning red, slightly embarrassed at your vulnerability. "I can't take anymore hurt."

Tony smiled. "Promise." You looked at him and chuckled slightly as he held out his pinky finger. You took it, linking pinky fingers and pressing your thumbs gently together.

"Your so childish." You chuckled gently. "And yet so likable. I've known you for...what? A few months?"

Tony grinned proudly. "What can I say?"

...................

Steve insisted you stay away from Bucky. Why? You didn't know. But you trusted your brother so you listened.

It had been almost a week, and nobody had let you talk to him, go see him, or even ask about him. You received nothing more than "He's okay." Or "we're making progress."

Bullshit.

If they were making progress I would be able to see him. You told yourself, slowly becoming more and more bitter.

And now, you found yourself eavesdropping on Tony and Steve's conservation, desperate for any real information.

"He's unstable..." Steve said harshly.

"And so is she!" Tony counters through clenched teeth. "She wants to see him, it's all she talks about. She's anxious."

Steve sighs, running his hand down his face. "Tony I don't know..."

"She needs to see him. Maybe he does too."

Your heart beat rapidly, and you remembered Steve's super soldier hearing and became panicky.

"Shit." You heard him mumble.

You took this as your opportunity to slip out from behind the doorframe and try to go unnoticed.

Rushing up to your new room in the compound, which Tony had insisted you move into, while forcing you and Steve to take permanent resident at the compound, as everyone else did, you sighed. Did you want to see him? Could you handle that after so long?

Did I love him?

You sighed clenching your fists. Yeah, I do.

Throwing yourself helplessly onto your bed, you stared a hole through the ceiling, your emotions all over the place.

You had just admitted that you loved him, and there was a chance you would never get to tell him. The real him.

But you'll never know if you don't try and get him back.

Springing from your bed, your rush down the stairs, bumping right into Steve.

"Yn listen-"  he started.

You stopped him. "I need to see him. Please."

His eyes were surrounded by dark circles and he looked tired...in pain. Struggling just as much as you were.

Your gaze softened. "Steve..."

He shook his head, looking to the floor avoiding your gaze. He had always tried to be so strong but you knew better than to let him.

"Steve." You repeated more sternly. He brought his gaze to meet yours. "We're gonna get him back."

His eyes filled with doubt. "I hope so."

You took his hand, gently rubbing circles on his palm, a trick you learned back when you were younger. "Please Steve. I just want to talk to him."

He nodded, gently jerking his head towards the elevator. He began to follow but you put a hand on his chest. "Alone." You Said firmly, stepping into the elevator and pressing the button before he could say any more.

You heard the elevator hum to life, the silence making your head spin. You couldn't believe he was just a few floors down, it almost seemed to easy. Like he wanted to be caught.

Shaking the thoughts from your head, you tap your foot as the elevator opens and you rush out, eager as ever.

Walking down the concrete halls, your steps echo around you, making you aware of how alone you are. For now.

Turning the corner you spot the door. Slowly turning the handle, you step inside.

Looking up at you are those blue eyes. Bucky.

Or is it the Winter Soldier?

Hope you are enjoying the story! Doesn't have to many views/votes but everything counts to ty! ❤️