Ace could hear his mom continue to fake complain about him as he walked away to answer a call from Zolina.

"Wussup, Lil' Baby?"

"Hi." Her soft voice replied. He could hear the smile in it.

"How you feeling?" He asked. "You good?"

"Yeah. Are you?"

"Better now. Lemme see you."

Ace pulled the phone from his ear and requested to FaceTime.

"There she is." He couldn't help but stiffen slightly at the mere sight of her. "My pretty girl."

"Stop, Grayson." Zolina looked away as her dimples deepened.

"Never." He noticed that she was in her car. "Where you headed?"

"On my way to therapy. Can you do something for me?" She asked. "Please?"

"Anything."

"There's a couple paintings at 'Casso's that I need dropped off at the gallery." She checked her blindspot then looked back at the phone. "Are you close by?"

"I'm on the other side of town." He sighed. "Still with my Moms and Luc."

"Oh... Don't worry about it." She waved it off. "I'll figure it out."

"Nah, nah." He frowned. "I still got you. Imma hit up Nyx."

She shook her head, "What if he's busy? I don't wanna bother him."

Ace sucked his teeth, "Nyx would do anything for you."

"Okay. Please tell him I said thank you? I'll text him later, too."

"I will. Imma see you tonight, right?"

Zolina bit her lip, "Of course."

"Aight. Drive safe, Mama." He told her. "Have a good session. Don't talk too much shit 'bout a nigga."

"You're so annoying." She giggled. "I love you."

"I love you, more."

Ace walked back over to Estelle, who stood by the windows and soaked in the early afternoon sun. She was already thinking about themes, brands of silverware, and signature dishes for the restaurant.

"Everything handled?" Ace approached her right side and threw his arm around her shoulders. His height and weight forced her to lean into him.

"I think you forget how tall and heavy you are." She complained, making him laugh. "But yes, I think so. Lucas said he just needs to make a few calls."

He looked down at his mother, "You happy?"

"Happy isn't even the word." Her voice trembled, but she got it under control. "Thank you."

"You welcome, Moms." He moved her hair and kissed her cheek. "Anything for you."

She smiled and picked some lint off of his shirt, "Was that my future daughter in-law that you were just speaking to?"

Estelle watched the genuine happiness form in her son's eyes at the simple mention of Zolina.

"Yeah." He nodded. "And I know you 'bout to tell me I'm hoggin' her like everyone else keep sayin'. I was gon' bring her to the brunch you doin' for Gwen."

Every year on each family member's birthday, Estelle would spend all morning in the kitchen cooking up their favourites. She had already started prepping for Gwendolyn's 19th on the upcoming Sunday.