"Yup." Trinity agreed. "That's why she's not saying anything."

"Shut up." Zolina laughed.

And just like that; any thoughts of Jordan quickly moved to the back of her mind. As they usually did.

"I'm listening to every single word, and y'all are wild."

"You're the wild one." They all said at once.

"It was really all on the desk, though?" Indigo asked. "You sure you don't have a hidden bed in your office? Because—"

Zolina heard soft knocks at her door, making her jump to her feet.

"I gotta go." She took her phone off of speaker. "He's here."

"Oh, shit. Round two." Was the last thing she heard before hanging up and tossing the phone onto the couch.

She rushed to the mirror that was hung up on the wall beside the door; checking her appearance and taking her braids down from their messy bun.

Her fingers smoothed out the ripples in the fabric of the skimpy, spandex Ethika set that clung to her toned curves.

The last memory of Ace in her apartment wasn't the greatest, and the negative thoughts almost took over her positive emotions.

Something that she was working on in therapy to help minimize the affects of her PTSD and anxiety, was learning to focus solely on the present.

He's here. With me. Right now.

Before her nerves could get the best of her, she unlocked her door and opened it.

"Hi." She said bashfully.

Ace slowly rolled his bottom lip into his mouth while looking at her through his clear, Cartier frames.

"Wussup, Mama?"

Fuck, he looks so good.

Zolina was still getting used to Ace's hair, but she thought that the extra length fit him so well. It was parted in the centre and neatly braided down the sides in a stitch pattern.

He wore a collared Gucci shirt with distressed black jeans, and a set of chains rested around his neck that she had never seen before.

Both of his hands were full; carrying red roses and bags of food. Zolina stepped aside so that he could come in, closing her door and locking it.

Before she even had the chance to turn back around, Ace was already pulling her in his arms for an embrace.

"Smell so good." He kissed on her neck. "How you feeling? I missed you."

"I missed you, too." She closed her eyes as he rocked them back and forth. "I'm good, hungry. How are you?"

Ace guided them over to her kitchen and gripped her body before lifting her to sit on the island.

He slid the bags of food towards her and pulled them open, the aroma giving away Zolina's favourite dish without her even having to read the logo stamped on the paper bag— Aunt May's signature fried chicken with baked mac n' cheese.

"I'm good. Better now." He put his hands on her hips and leaned forward to kiss her forehead. "Gon' head and have some food."

Zolina thanked him and started to open up the takeout containers, when a gold gift bag that sat beside the bouquet of roses caught her eye.

She pointed at it curiously, "What's in the bag?"

Like he did with the food, Ace slid the gift bag across the counter until it was beside her. She peeked inside, and her eyes bulged out of her head.