05 | the bearer of love

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Ace's statement was cut short by Zolina rushing forward, causing him to almost stumble backward. He wrapped his arms securely around her, while she held tightly onto his torso and buried her face into his silk shirt.

It was quiet between the two, until he heard light sniffles and felt her shoulders start to shake. He tried to pull away, but she only gripped onto him tighter.

"Lemme see you." He rubbed her back soothingly, but she still didn't budge. "C'mon, Mama. Please?"

Eventually, Zolina loosened her arms and looked up at him. She tried to wipe away her tears, but Ace already had a hold on her face and beat her to it.

"Talk to me." He swiped his thumbs over her cheeks and reflexively kissed the scar that went through her eyebrow. "Why you crying?"

"You. This. Tonight— I..." She stammered, her face flushed as she gestured around the room and then at him. "I didn't think you— I thought I wasn't gonna see you. That you weren't coming."

"You crazy. I wouldn't miss this for anything." Ace shook his head. "I was here for yo' speech, I just ain't want this to turn into an Ace and Zo thing, you know? Tonight is alla' 'bout you."

"...So?" She played with the ends of her braids. "What do you think of it?"

"Its amazing." He shuffled back and took a seat on the end of her desk, pulling her in front of him. "I knew you could do it. I'm so fuckin' happy for you, 'Casso."

"Thank you." She gave him a genuine smile, her dimples causing him to automatically smile back.

Fuck, I missed those.

The air was suddenly thick and awkward around them, making Ace uneasy. He took Zolina's hands in his, trying to figure out what she was thinking.

"Wussup?" He stared up at her. "How you feeling? Why you so quiet?"

"I don't know, I just... This feels surreal as fuck." She blew out a shaky breath. "You're actually here. I missed you."

"I missed you, too, Z. You have no idea."

Ace studied Zolina again, his eyebrows slightly furrowing when they landed on their hands that were braided together.

He lifted hers, grinning once he saw the ink that was scrawled on her finger— under the ring.

"When you get this?" He traced over the ''CASSO' tattoo.

"Couple months ago." She circled her fingers around his.

"Always gettin' tatted when you away from me, huh?" He playfully shook his head, watching her smirk. "I fuck with it."

Ace kissed along Zolina's finger, before slowly moving up to her wrist. Her pulse quickened under his lips as he looked in her eyes.

"So... Um." She looked away shyly and cleared her throat. "Cornrows, huh? And glasses? You just decided to switch up your whole swag on me?"

He laughed at her obvious timidness and the attempt at small talk.

"Says the sexy ass blonde with the new piercing." He pushed a few braids behind her ear and held her jaw up, looking at the diamond stud in her nose. "This yo' villain era, or sum'n?"

"Maybe." She blushed and relaxed into his touch. "Do you like it?"

"I love it." His hands moved down to her waist. "I love anything on you."

Ace licked over his bottom lip, watching as Zolina bit down on hers. She leaned forward and placed her hands on his chest, inching her face closer until their mouths connected.