Eye to eye

"How long?" Luke said with a forcefully calm voice.

"Four months."

"You don't think it's important to tell me about a pack full of alphas that probably has Erica and Boyd and has been pushing boundaries of your territory for four months?" The hybrid summed up and gave Derek a look that dared him to argue.

"I know I should have told you..." At least the werewolf had enough self preservation instincts to look guilty.

"Yeah, maybe you should have." Luke crossed his arms in front of him, the pissed expression not leaving his face. "Why didn't you?"

"I didn't want you to get tangled up in my mess."

"I hate to break it to you Der, but your mess is my mess."

"They are alphas. They're dangerous. It's the same reason I didn't want you to join the pack fully."

"What, you're afraid that I will be forced into submission?!"

"Yes! I don't want you to be forced down by anyone, not Deucalion, not me."

"Try it then."

"What?!"

"Come on, I'm sure my poor little omega wolf can't handle a big strong alpha like you." Taunted Luke and got into Derek's face.

"That's not what I-"

"Are you afraid that I'll cower with my tail between my legs and run?!"

"Stop it!" Derek finally snapped, eyes glowing red.

"Make me." Luke stepped even closer, his own eyes now silvery-blue.

"Wha..." Derek stared back in confusion.

"Sure Derek, the wolf is a bit nervous but the vamp will meet you, and any other alpha head on."

"So..." Isaac said now that Luke apparently finished chewing Derek out. "You know, I'm starting to not like this idea. Sounds kinda dangerous...You know what? I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him..."

"You'll be fine." Sighed Derek, eyes still on his boyfriend.

"Does it have to be him?"

"He knows how to do it-" The alpha finally turned to Isaac. "I don't. It'd be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself."

"You know Scott doesn't trust him, right? You know, personally, I'd...Well, I'd trust Scott."

"Do you trust me?"

"...Yeah." There was a touch of hesitation in Isaac's voice. "I still don't like him."

"Nobody likes him." Commented Luke.

"You wound me, Luke. I thought we had a bonding moment. FYI? Yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities slightly impaired... but, the hearing still works. So, I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face." Peter stood a few meters away from them, a polite smile on his face.

"We don't like you. Now shut up and help us."

"Fair enough."

***

"Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm." Peter said to Isaac.

"How do you know how to do this, again?"

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by Alphas, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone...or kill them."

"Lovely..." Sighed Luke.

"You... You've had a lot of practice, though, right?"

"Well, I've never paralyzed anyone." That did not calm Isaac down.

"Wait, does that mean that you-" He was cut off when Peter dug his claws into the back of Isaac's neck, both of them gasping. Derek and Luke watched them for a moment, then Isaac let out another pained gasp and tried to pry Peter's hands away. Derek and Luke moved forward, ready to throw the older wolf off.

"Wait, I see them-" Peter ripped himself away moments after saying that.

"What'd you see?"

"It was confusing... Um, im-images, vague shapes..." Panted Peter, leaning against a table.

"But you saw something."

"Isaac found them."

"Erica and Boyd?" Luke asked.

"I barely saw them- I mean, glimpses-"

"But you did see them?"

"And worse."

"...Deucalion."

"He was talking to them. Something about time running out."

"What does it mean?" Isaac quietly spoke.

"He's gonna kill them." Derek growled.

"No, no, no, no, no. He didn't say that. He did make them a promise... that, by the full moon, that they'd both be dead."

"The NEXT full moon, right?" Luke said, eyes concerned,

"Tomorrow night."

Guys. I passed all my final exams. I am officially done with high school. This has been the most stressful time of my life so far and I don't think I fully realized it's over yet. So I now have four months of free time that I'll try to dedicate to the fanfics. Hope you'll like the new chapters! Thanks for reading.