The feeling of his presence

"Ketamine?"

"It's the same thing that you used on me on my first full moon, right?" Asked Luke with a smile, remembering the night.

"Yep. It's also the same stuff we use on the dogs, just a higher dosage. If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time." Then Deaton raised a vile filled with grey ash. "This is some of what you'll use to create the barrier. This part is for you, Stiles-only you."

"Uh, that sounds like a lot of pressure... Can we maybe find a slightly less pressure-filled task for me?" Frowned Stiles nervously.

"It's from the Mountain Ash tree, which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ashwood, making it difficult for someone like Scott to cause me any trouble..."

"Okay, so, then, what? I just spread this around the whole building, and then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?"

"They'll be trapped." Deaton nodded.

"Doesn't sound too hard." Shrugged Scott and smiled encouragingly at his best friend.

"Not all there is...Think of it like gunpowder-it's just powder until a spark ignites it. You need to be that spark, Stiles."

"Stiles? A Spark?" Started doubtfully Luke, but then frowned as he thought about it. "Actually, that kind of makes sence."

"If you mean light myself on fire, I don't think I'm up for that."

"Let me try a different analogy. I used to golf. I learned that the best golfers never swing before first imagining where they want the ball to go. They see it in their mind, and their mind takes over. It can be pretty extraordinary what the force of your own will can accomplish."

"Force of will..." Muttered Stiles, staring down into his palm.

"If-if this is going to work, Stiles, you have to believe it."

"Mmhmm..."

-Time skip-

"This is going to go so incredibly wrong one way or another." Muttered Luke into the plastic straw that was sticking out of the half empty bag of blood.

"I know you want to be out there with them, but you have not been eating regularly in the past few days."

"I know..."

"Are you feeling something?"

"Maybe it's just tomorrow's full moon but...it-it's like this feeling of restlessness, like I have to be somewhere..." He drifted off and Deaton frowned.

"How does it feel, what is pulling you?"

"It's like...familial bond."

-Time skip-

The next day, Luke slept. The few times Deaton checked on him he noted the twitching in the hybrid's body and the whispered pleads. He ran his fingers through his son's hair and cursed the vampiric bitch that scarred him. As tired as he was, he did not go to sleep. Something felt off once the moon was at it's highest. Against his better knowledge, he went to Luke's room. The window was open, and Luke was nowhere to be found.

"Shit..."

Yes, I am in fact, not dead. I'm starting to feel like I write this ar the end of every chapter... But here we are, I created this. Hope you like it and I'm sorry for the wait.