Fields of sorrow

Luke felt cold. That was weird. Usually, he only felt numb. He opened his eyes. The hybrid was standing in the middle of a hallway of an old but clean mansion. He knew this place.

"Lucien." Sang a woman's voice from behind him. He didn't have to turn to know who it was.

"Plaguing my dreams again, are you, Petra?" He looked over his shoulder at the tall, dark haired woman in tight red dress. Petra's red lips turned up as she grinned at him.

"You're doing this to yourself, you know. I'm not real, I'm simply your mind's creation. Hunting you wherever you may go. But I guess it can't be helped. The two of us, after all, share a special connection." Her eyes were shining with glee. Enjoying the torture that she was causing the poor boy every night for centuries. But Luke knew she- It was right. That Petra that was standing with him in the hallway was a fragment of his imagination mixed with his fear.

"You killing me in my dreams no longer scares me. You are powerless here." Luke's expression was cold as ice.

"We'll see." And with that, the woman disappeared and the hallway with her. Luke found himself standing on a field full of wheat. The moon was shining down on him, as if sending a judgemental glare. Luke then spotted two familiar silhouettes.

"Scott? Stiles? What are you two doing here?" Asked Luke, completely forgetting that this was a dream.

"Uh! It's that freak again!" Groaned Stiles.

"W-what?"

You know we all hate you, right? You're nothing but a burden." Spitted Scott and Luke stared at the werewolf with half opened mouth.

"God, you couldn't possibly be any worse." Both of them said in sync and then started to walk away. Soon their shadows disappeared in the fog that started to rise from the ground.

"I'm really disappointed in you." There was Alan, standing few feet away from the boy with Allison next to him.

"Dad?" Luke's voice cracked. Tears started gathering in his eyes, threatening to spill out any second.

"Why are you crying? You certainly don't deserve to!" Shouted the huntress in training.

"Stop..."

"No wonder your clan kicked you out. Who could ever love you? You should just run a wooden streak through your chest, it would make things easier for everybody." Said the man that was like a father to Luke for the past five years. Alan and Alisson then turned on their heels and left, just like the pair before. Luke was shaking. Biting his tongue to suppress the sobs that were rising from his throat.

"God, could you TOUGHEN UP!" Luke was startled by the shout. He turned around.

"Derek?" The hybrid mumbled.

"You really are pathetic." Growled Derek and slashed his claws at Luke. The other didn't dodge and was now lying on the ground.

"You're a freak if you ever thought that I would ever love, or even like you!" Punch.

"Just how stupid are you?!" Kick.

"Monster!" Slash.

"Blood traitor!" Scratch.

Luke blinked and paused. Derek's voice was mixed with some other voice. This one was woman's. Petra's. Luke quickly switched their position. Now it was Derek- or whatever that was- who was lying on his back. Luke hovered above him. The hybrid brought his face close to the werewolf's, inhaling deeply. A low, animalistic growl escaped his lips as he glared at the illusion of Derek.

"You are powerless here."

Luke's eyes slowly opened. Chirping of many birds was heard from the outside. Luke sighted, and like any other day, he got up, and started getting ready for school.