He's sleeping.

Being so close to his face helped me make out his features. He looked truly at peace while sleeping. His soft pink lips; which were once against mine this evening; were parted. His nose twitches before he repositions himself. I can't help but let out a small sound when he moves deep into my neck.

Suddenly, I'm no longer cold.

My body temperature starts to match his and with all the weight from his arms on my body and head in my neck I sink deeper in the bed letting my eyes close and darkness consume me.

I roll over and hold my arm out to grab something. But my arm falls further than expected and lands on a soft cold surface. Just then does the light shining through my eyelids seem brighter.

I groan when a stretch is pulled through my body. It takes me longer than expected to adjust to the bright light and fully awake.

When I open my eyes I see a space beside me on the bed. I look around the room confused but get distracted by the view outside of Emilio's bedroom window. The city in broad daylight from above was truly beautiful.

My feet curl when they hit the cold wooden floor. I scrunch my face realizing the whole floor was going to be cold, immediately after that thought I look around the room for any form of slippers.

"Where are fuzzy socks when you need them" I whine and stomach walking through Emilio's room to the hallway. "Why is it so cold?"

It's so quiet that I could hear a pin drop. A quiet house was unusual to me, it felt lonely, abandoned even.

I rub my arms as I go down the stairs in search of my socks from the day before. I head to the bathroom on the first floor of the penthouse. I freeze when my things are nowhere in sight.

"What?" I say searching the bathroom from top to bottom. "You've got to be kidding me" I mumble heading to the living room. Pausing, I stare at the large vacant space. "Emilio?" I call out.

Nothing.

The silence is weary. All of a sudden I finally get what Emilio was saying. It felt lonely being in such a large space with nobody else. I couldn't imagine coming home to silence every night.

I cross my arms when a breeze brushes past me. My head follows the direction of the breeze landing on the open balcony door.

"Why is the door open?" I find myself asking the silence. I strut towards the door to close it but pause when I realize how much of the city you can see. The balcony is so big that I think it goes around the building. My eyes travel inside again in search of something to cover myself from the wind. When I see a black zip-up on the leather couch I run and grab it.

"Shit," I call out when my feet hit the cement floor of the balcony. The moment I spot a couch I jump onto it. I sigh and tuck my feet under my butt to keep them warm.

In the middle of the couch I was on and another there was a fire pit. A few feet away there was a barbecue, the types of barbecues that have room to make five different types of food.

With the elastic in my hand, I try my best to put my hair in a ponytail. Because of the small growth, I was able to successfully keep every strand of hair inside the band.

"Davina!" My head turns in the direction of the door when I hear my name being called by a young voice.

Wait a minute.

"Vee!" I stand up without care for the cold and walk with speed inside.

"Spear?" I question seeing his body halfway up the stairs. He stops when he sees me enter and then runs down towards me holding out a paper bag. He's dressed in dark blue jeans and a white tee shirt which starts to stress me because of how cold it is. My head raises to give Emilio an ear full but when he's holding a little jacket in one hand I sigh.