Chapter 75

Chapter 75: He is Wenwen's Biological Father!

In the yard, Yuan Xin looked at Si Yue with a complicated expression. Sensing the disappearance of the presence outside the door, Yuan Xin finally opened his mouth again: "Why do you suddenly want to let her know?"

"It's about time." Si Yue replied. If he told Fu Yunruo the truth face to face, he was worried that the shock would be too big for her to accept, so he finally decided to use this way to allow her to build a psychological preparation first.

He also had another consideration — instead of taking the risk of Fu Yunruo learning the truth from others, he might as well tell her himself. Although he had cut off the possibility of Fang Xueruo approaching Fu Yunruo, there was nothing absolute in this world, especially because this woman could never be trusted.

The same fact, coming from Fang Xueruo's mouth, could end up giving a totally different impression. He did not want Fu Yunruo to misunderstand him again.

When Yuan Xin first learned Si Yue's intention to finally stop concealing the truth, he was truly relieved. This matter had long been nagging his conscience. If he had nothing to do with Fu Yunruo and Wenwen, he would be able to help Si Yue without feeling any pressure. But the reality was different. Let alone Wenwen, he was getting along very well with Fu Yunruo and could now be considered her friend, making him feel extremely guilty for deceiving her. So when Si Yue came to him with a request to help stage the play, he quickly agreed.

Now, his task was considered to be completed. Before leaving, he turned to Si Yue and advised, "You still have to explain clearly in person. No matter what, you have to clear any misunderstanding."

From his observation, the situation was actually not bad. Si Yue fell in love with Fu Yunruo, and while Fu Yunruo obviously had some feelings for Si Yue, she was clearly holding back.

Anyone with a discerning eye could see Fu Yunruo's concern was Wenwen. But it was such a coincidence — Wenwen was not only Fu Yunruo's son, but also Si Yue's biological child, so her concerns were not actually a problem.

Even if Wenwen wasn't Si Yue's own, with this guy's personality, he would readily fulfill responsibilities as a father, and he was capable enough of making Fu Yunruo believe in his sincerity.

But the strong blood relationship could reassure Fu Yunruo even more.

Anyway, the rest depended on Si Yue's performance. As a friend, all he should do now was wait for their wedding invitation.

Yuan Xin suddenly remembered the other business that made him come today, "By the way, there is one more thing. Are you sure you will not quit being an actor for the time being?"

Si Yue's original plan was to announce his retirement after winning the Best Actor Award last year, yet he hadn't made any movement until now. After Yuan Xin confirmed once again, he said, "There is a good script. Do you want to try it?"

"It is a futuristic sci-fi movie funded by the government. But it is also a bit risky. As you know, our domestic sci-fi industry is still lagging internationally." In the worst-case scenario, the movie might tank and drag Si Yue's reputation with it.

"There is also a child character in it, so I plan to let Wenwen play a cameo role."

Si Yue originally wanted to refuse, but he immediately changed his mind: "Show me the script first. Tell the company to invest in the movie and try to give the child character as many roles as possible."

Yuan Xin responded, "This role is originally heavy enough. From screen time alone, it can be considered the fourth male lead. The director is ready to reduce the role if the child actor selected couldn't perform well, but I believe that Wenwen will definitely be alright."