17

Wolf said we are on break and my god can I not keep my hands to myself. The upcoming weeks had been filled with a whole lot of close calls. I wanted to steal so much but the lingering sound of Wolf's words held me back until I was almost spotted during the tense moments...then it was a coin flip of what I feel like in the moment.

In the end, I end up stealing more than not. being in better positions when I was about to be caught and just wanting to steal so badly from any place open.

from more pretty crystals to some toys I had wanted to decorate around my place to even some food from places that didn't have much security. The time was spent well as I grabbed all I could and lounged around my own home. While the break dragged on day after day, I had asked my friend if we had any unfinished business, and in the end, he had pulled some random stuff from his back pocket that he needed me for, and during our weeks, we managed to finish most of the stuff he had on hand.

From stealing from another place and repaying some decent debts, even me needing to check a place out for James' help. He couldn't come to the US any time soon and told me to do it.

Otherwise, it had been an overall relaxed time. Sometimes bumping into some of the heisters who were faffing about with a place, or calling them up for a night of light drinks and chats.

Chains had headed home, not finding use of dragging himself around, and Wolf had locked himself in his home workshop only coming out every now and then For a pent-up anger spree and or drinks. Otherwise, Bain and everyone else had fallen silent, not really interacting unless there was something useful to gain. But with this...new Hoxton getting broken out, they weren't feeling it to do anything other than prepare.

<small time spin back>

Corruptions call had come in pretty recently, he had wanted me to travel over to a building...on map it was a broken down set of flats, the sort you would find littering Russia's uninhabited places, run down with paint flaking off and stairs so broken it was a safety hazard.

Checking over if this really was it, he said yes, saying the tracking had pinged back with an IP and the physical address was there.

So preparing, I of course don't say anything and head off. It was relatively far but with a day's drive and occasional stops for snacks, I had been able to pull up on the roads turn in by early afternoon. looking over to the very degraded houses, I ended up making the conclusion that it's better to not park close.

with who knows what type of people lurking. it would be far more beneficial to place the car 2 roads off and then walk here.

pulling the clutch to first gear, I drove off, soon crossing streets and pulling up to one house that seemed relatively secure.

-cameras?
-*There is one by the housing and I just got a feed of it so it shouldn't be too bad. I can tell you if something goes wrong*
-alright any specific house orr...?

As I walk the street back down and towards the now known destination, I try getting a tad more information from Corruption. try getting him to explain a bit more about the place and why we are here

-*There is one specific house but if the...house plans indicate, there is at least 3 connected*
-wait what?
-*yea. there some old plans, and only really plans so there isn't even a guarantee that it's in action. but I recommend going to 83 and having a look around.*

Finally reaching the street I had driven past not even too long ago, I mentally note the number and start crawling my way through the street. Nothing seems out of place per se and it doesn't look like anything is here...the street is abandoned and only the homeless and teens would be coming here to smoke or hide from the elements that plague this part of the year.