Chapter 10

Training & Helping Konoha

Throughout the next two days, Naruto continued pushing himself to improve in all areas, but spent the most time working on the sealing chains and sword fighting when he wasn't with the green beasts in the morning. On his last day off before returning to team exercises and practice, he encountered something he wasn't expecting on the way home after his Ichiraku lunch. He saw three younger kids that he knew were supposed to be in the Academy, having met Konohamaru several times over the last few years, and his two common followers, Udon and Moegi.

"Hey boss," spoke the younger Sarutobi to the older boy he had slowly started to admire ever since meeting him inside his grandfather's office several months previously, when he was treated like a normal person, and not just the "honorable grandson" of the Hokage.

"Konohamaru?" asked Naruto, "why aren't you at the Academy?"

"Umm," came the slightly hesitant and nervous looking younger boy, as he glanced around him, "we had the day off?"

"I doubt that," replied Naruto with a stern look at the three young Academy students, causing all of them to fidget guiltily.

"Oh come on boss, the Academy is just so boring," complained Konohamaru, the first to break under Naruto's glare.

Naruto just shook his head at the younger wannabe ninjas, knowing he was the same way after being in the Academy for so long and not thinking what he was learning was anything important compared to learning jutsu. So he told the three that they needed to return to class as everything in the Academy served as important towards their ninja career, and just because they didn't think a lot of it mattered, it really did. Konohamaru though was a stubborn one, and refused to listen or believe Naruto, so he quickly created a pair of shadow clones and each of the three blondes grabbed one of the three Academy students and shunshinned them directly to the front of Iruka's classroom where they all collapsed to their knees trying to catch their breath after the disorienting movement.

"Iruka sensei," greeted Naruto as the two clones vanished, "I found these three outside of class, and tried to remind them of the importance of not missing Academy lessons so they didn't fall behind their peers ...they took exception, so I brought them here myself."

"Thank you Naruto," replied an exasperated Iruka as he looked at the three students with a firm glare of his own, "I was just about to go out looking for them ...we have a geography lesson starting."

"Geography?" complained Konohamaru, "that's useless."

"Oh is it?" answered back Naruto before Iruka could start yelling at one of his most misbehaving students. "So when your mission is to a place called Wave, how do you get there? What areas do you cross? What should you pack for your outfit and camping gear? Are you going to need cold weather or wet weather gear? Are you passing through any hostile territories? What borders do you get close to? Are you willing to risk your life or your teammates because you weren't prepared?"

The entire class was looking at this young blonde ninja in shock at his rapid fire of questions, while Iruka had a slowly growing smile on his face at Naruto's ability to break something down so simply and perfectly for others to understand its importance. Konohamaru was looking at Naruto in disbelief that geography would be that important or applicable to missions they all romanticized about, having not thought about any of the questions Naruto just asked. He slowly realized that he didn't know any of those answers and when he looked at his friends who he already knew would be his future teammates, he knew they didn't have an answer either and didn't want to risk their lives by not knowing something that would be that vital to their survival and the mission success.