Chapter 2

Bell Test

Naruto was woken at 4:30 am by a pair of bored shadow clones lingering around training ground seven, who decided to have a small spar and dispelled each other simultaneously while providing the cringe of new memories that woke the young blond. After groaning in frustration, he simply got up and put on his new clothes, his brain assimilating the two sets of memories he just got and his mood slowly improving as his anticipation for today started to leak through. Putting on one of his new sets of clothes, he marveled at how much better quality they were than anything he owned previously, clearly being overcharged for goods wasn't the only thing the shopkeepers did to keep him miserable.

The sturdy heavy weight black pants and over shirt would hold up to quite the beating, and the surprisingly soft mesh undershirt fit his torso comfortably and left him looking very different from what he had in the past in the bright orange jumpsuit. He decided to go with the boot-style shinobi sandals in black, and for his only bit of color, he included two dark orange bandolier straps that he criss-crossed over his chest rather tightly that he used to hold several smaller kunai and shuriken pouches on top of the larger ones he had on each thigh. His hope was to someday incorporate a sword and sheath into the bandolier and/or even a large storage scroll like the Forbidden one to hold all of his stuff.

For now though, he spawned a pair of clones to make him a large breakfast and pick up his apartment from yesterday's mess. After learning at least a dozen different easy recipes for every meal, he was happily making a large omelet with a few vegetables mixed in that were almost completely overpowered by the egg, cheese, and sausage he added as well. He figured that if he was going to force himself to eat vegetables, that he should at least try to hide them in other foods he really liked so as to at least get some in his diet. He wasn't too worried about Kakashi's warning either, as he didn't expect the seemingly lazy shinobi to be on time giving him plenty of chance to digest and a lack of food for him would be very detrimental to his chances of success.

Strolling into the training ground at exactly 5 am, he was easily able to spot his two waiting teammates by the small bridge that crossed the stream running through training ground seven's main clearing. Sasuke was leaning against one end of the small wooden footbridge with his hands across his chest in his classic brooding pose, while Sakura was sitting by a nearby tree stump with stars in her eyes as she drooled over her dark haired teammate in a very stalkerish way that creeped Naruto out, probably almost as much as it bothered Sasuke himself. They both glanced up when they heard him approach, and then did double takes as they saw him in his new outfit, looking very different from his Academy days with only the tiniest amount of orange, and a dark orange at that.

"What are you wearing Naruto-baka?" shouted Sakura once she realized that her usually bright orange teammate looked completely different just from wearing black and more normal ninja attire, and not sure why it bothered her, "stop trying to be cool like Sasuke-kun."

"Hn ...nice clothes, Dobe," greeted Sasuke with a dismissive sniff to his other male teammate while completely ignoring the female one who had been pestering him for the better part of a half an hour, before going back to his brooding.

"Thanks teme!" replied Naruto calmly, and almost politely if not for the casual name calling that was pretty standard with the two, as he too decided to simply ignore his female teammate and look around the clearing to get his bearings on where everything he setup was. "I think I am going to go check something out ...be right back."

With that, Naruto quickly jumped out of the clearing and into the surrounding trees so he could be out of view of his teammates before spawning 800 plus clones. These clones had the express purpose of hiding among the numerous traps, keeping them all up and running or replacing ones that need it, and lending numbers in support of the original when the fighting finally came down. Several of the clones used the henge transformation jutsu to become small woodland creatures or pieces of debris to blend in to their surroundings, and a few even turned into logs and pieces of branches for Kawarimi material.