"I expect your written report will have more of the details to that fight, and any HELP your GENIN provided in fighting an A-Rank missing nin?" came the low and somehow more powerful voice of the Hokage, who seemed to barely be keeping the lid on his emotions at what he was hearing.

"It will sir," spoke Kakashi nervously, before the Hokage nodded for him to continue. "We continued to the bridge builder's house, set up a perimeter and watch rotation, and protected him as he returned to work. I gave Naruto permission to use his clones to scout out the surrounding area, and over the next several days continued to train my team as we feared the Hunter Nin was working with Zabuza as he didn't kill him on sight, but used senbon to put him in a death-like state."

"At what point," interrupted Sarutobi, "did you decide to NOT call in on the new communication devices we provided to alert us of the upgrade to your mission details?"

"Um ...I forgot?" came Kakashi's nervous reply, knowing he had no excuse, other than he thought he would be able to handle anything thrown at them.

"Hmm," hummed the Hokage with narrowed eyes at his silver haired jounin, "continue."

"Yes, well," started Kakashi, remembering where he left off, "Naruto's clones were able to locate Zabuza's base and the headquarters of Gato, the shipping magnate who had been crippling and extorting the people of Wave for over a year, and who hired the missing nin to eliminate our client."

"Gato of Gato Shipping?" interrupted Sarutobi Hiruzen, "the third wealthiest man in the Shinobi Nations?"

"Yes sir," answered Kakashi succinctly. "He had over 50 hired mercenaries he was using to police and control the island, who were no more than thuggish bandits running wild. The economy was shot, the people were suffering, and I decided to eliminate the larger threat to our mission and pay-off the missing nins to abandon their hit on our client."

"Please tell me you and three rookie genin did not assassinate Gato, one of the wealthiest and most connected people in our world ...and his band of mercenaries," came the grumbled response from the Hokage.

"Um ...okay," drawled Kakashi, knowing he was already in trouble and just decided to start revealing the good news in hopes of saving his skin, "we recovered all the financial records of Gato shipping, several crates of illegal drugs, blackmail material on three Daimyos and two Kages, multiple land deeds, shares in several businesses, and over 200 Million Ryo."

"Wait," interrupted the Hokage again, "...you did WHAT?"

"AndkilledGatoandhisthugs," murmured Kakashi into the silence after the Hokage's outburst.

There were several long minutes of complete silence as Sarutobi Hiruzen digested everything that Kakashi just dropped on him, while the four shinobi all stood impossibly still. Thankfully, his killing intent never resurfaced, but the silence and the stares he was giving Kakashi mainly, but the other three as well, was nothing to scoff at. Naruto, was the only one who knew the old Kage well enough to know that he loved to make people sweat in his presence when they did something he didn't like or know about beforehand, in the hope they would confess to even more in the growing uncomfortable silence.

"Anything else I need to know that happened?" came the eventual low voice of the Hokage, whose glare hadn't let up at all.

"I met a girl," spoke Naruto with a timid smile while nervously rubbing the back of his head with his hand, "Sakura learned the healing palm jutsu, and Sasuke awoke his sharingan."