CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Start bij het begin

With the heart I have, I'm sure my mother would understand. I got it from her anyway. What's the worst I'll get out of this? Punishment? It was better than waiting around to see if my friend was going to be okay.

Just as I arrived at my house, I caught Rosalie on my front porch. She was standing with crunches and flowers in her hands. I chewed at my bottom lip and raised my eyebrow a bit. She was supposed to be resting. What the hell was she doing in front of my door?

  "Rose?" I asked,

She turned around, struggling to keep her balance. She then smiled at me like a kid on christmas day. Her eyes sparkled a bit, or at least that's what I was imagining. Her face was even a shade off of pale, which was surprising because Rosalie was always pale. I thought that was just a common thing for her.

  "Hey, Lilah." She grinned from ear to ear.

I rolled my eyes at the nickname before walking up to my door and hurrying to unlock it. I was sure her family didn't know she was here and we were supposed to keep a low profile since the whole Andrew thing so her standing in front of my door after not going to school for a couple of days wasn't the best look.
After opening the door, I turned around to her and took her crunches as I helped her into my house. I wasn't a mean person so it was a bit hard for me to tell her that she wasn't supposed to be here right about now.

  "What's up? Why are you here?" I asked her before shutting the door behind us.

  "I missed you." She says as she looks down with her face heating.

I looked around to make sure there were no cameras. I mean, this had to be a joke. Rosalie standing at my doorstep with flowers and then utterly admitting that she missed me with...a blush on her face? This either had to be a great dream or she was drunk.

  "Oh." I awkwardly look away from her,

I could sense her mood change. When I looked back up at her she was frowning. Rosalie? Frowning? This was definitely a dream.

She reached her hands out and handed me the flowers as she held herself up with one of her crunches. A sad but small smile on her lips as her eyes searched mine with such innocence.

  "You don't miss me?" She muttered, sadly.

  "I do miss you, Rose. It's just this is all unexpected and I don't think I heard you correctly." I scratched the back of my head.

  "After you left the hospital, I'd been thinking" I nodded for her to carry on as her smile was not so sad anymore, "About you."

  "What's with the whole mood shift? You go from trying to make sure I'm away from you and now you don't want me away from you? Rosalie..." I trailed off, "What is it? Sex? Is that what you're here for?"

I mean, technically we haven't gotten to that whole thing. There was a moment in the hotel but it was practically nothing. Then there were shared kisses but there was never full on sex and for her to go all out and bring me flowers? And lie and say she missed me...There had to be some type of reason. Only thing that can cross my mind is sex.

She shook her head, still remaining to give off this innocent look. It wasn't really working out in her favor right now because I didn't believe her.