Chapter Eleven

Frost Parking Lot
1 PM

"I have a meeting with the committee members of Cassadine Industries with my uncle Victor," Spencer told Trina while he played with her fingers as they sat in her car after their brunch. She lifted her head from her seat. "Oh wow, that's massive." She gave him a bright smile as he nodded.

"My father has been missing for months now. The PCPD doesn't know whether to keep him as missing or presumed dead."

Trina frowned.

"I mean, I understand; label him presumed dead, and he appears again, making them look incompetent." he laughed, but Trina stopped. "That's not funny; it's sad." Spencer shrugged. She gripped his hand comfortably as he leaned back in the passenger seat.

"I don't believe that he abandoned me again; instead of resolving our conflict..he just ran away. We were so close to a resolution," he mumbled. "I don't want to believe that he did, at least."

"If your instinct tells you your father is in trouble, don't doubt it. He will come back -- he will be found." Trina comforted him.

He smiled at her as she continued. "I will always be there if you need me."

His hand trailed up to her jaw, caressing it softly. "You're an amazing woman, Trina. Jasper is blessed to have you in his life."

Her eyes widened. "Shit," she checked her time. "I missed visiting hours." Spencer was confused. "Jasper was stabbed during the shoot out at the park." Spencer's lip pulled up at the revelation. His suspicion of him and his brother grew more.

"He hasn't even explained why; he lied at first; well, he said it wasn't entirely a lie. But he keeps deflecting or summarizing. The most he said was something about friends and rivals, man. I don't know."

Spencer listened as she vented. "Sounds suspicious." He concluded.

"Right?!" she emphasized her reply.

"Anyways, you should go to make it to your meeting in time." She decided to dismiss him as time drew down. "I appreciate this. I missed you too," she revealed.

He blushed before leaning forward.

She froze. "Spencer," she whispered.

He kissed her cheek.

"I know my boundaries, but I had to." She watched as he left before holding the spot where his lips left an invisible mark.

-

Night fell quickly for Spencer; it was one of his more productive days, with a hint of bliss from his time with Trina.

"You're back late." Esme welcomed him with a kiss. Something felt off.

"Yeah, Uncle Victor and I went for dinner and began catching up with one another."

Esme nodded as Spencer walked passed her. "Did you eat?" she nodded as he loosened his necktie.

"When last have you spoken to Trina?" Esme slyly questioned.

Spencer shrugged. "Why do you care?" he retaliated.

Esme scoffed as they stared at one another. She wanted to keep quiet about her knowledge about his date with Trina. However, it bothered her how he refused to mention it.

She watched him enter his room before stepping outside to make a call.

-

"Hello, sweetheart." Ryan's voice echoed through the phone, making her turn the volume down lower.

"Did you get the locations I sent?" She whispered into the phone, watching the door in case Spencer approached the area.

"I did; I'm impressed you got the tracker on his car undetected." He replied with a humorous laugh as she smirked. "I told you, I have my ways."

"I'm on my way to receive some intel; I'll keep you updated." He hung up the phone; Esme stared into the starless night sky. "You're playing with fire, Trina," she whispered before entering the house.

-

Frost
7 PM

Chantel returned to the table with their drinks. "Are you guys ready to order?" she held her pad and pen. The uncomfortable silence returned as she waited.

She noticed the last two customers leave, and her coworker headed toward the locker room.

"I told you what I wanted," Ryan stated.

She stared at him for a moment. "So Bloody Mary is all for tonight. I'll be back with your bill." she felt a hand grip her wrist, and immediately, she combatted the physical touch. "Don't touch me." she gritted at the female, who scowled at her.

She shoves the lady, making her stumble backward.

Chantel sprinted to the locker room to meet her coworker, Brandon. "What happened?" Chantel grabbed her pepper spray, "Those last two customers are ducking psychotic."

Brandon became alerted immediately, texting their manager, who came from her office cautiously. "Good night, May I ask what's the problem?" The manager questioned Ryan and the lady who began to approach the restricted area.

"That employee of yours assaulted me!" The lady screamed, pointing to Chantel, who appeared from the room with Brandon. "I defended myself." Chantel defended.

The manager called security to escort the couple out before locking up. "Listen, be careful leaving tonight. Security is still on post; let him walk you both to your cars."

The two employees nodded before giving the last customers time to disappear into the night.

"Drive safe." Brandon bid farewell to his friend and coworker as the separated into he night.