Family Night...Or Not

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to see Dr. Kloefer this Thursday." And just then, Matt instantly knew what he was talking about; because he knows that doctor, because he's also a patient of his. It's the PTSD specialist at the local hospital, which can only mean one thing; Kelly is going to try and get his official diagnosis, so that he can start getting medication. "I'm glad you're finally going to see him Kelly, you really need to go see him; then you can get help, or at least some medication. Trust me man, I would take the medication if he can give it to you; because it's done wonders, but not enough for me to not need Andy. God, he's amazing." Kelly agreed with Matt as he said that.. "Me and Stella are not there yet. But she said that she is not letting me get a big dog like that if we do need one, we're going to get a small dog if I need one." However, Antonio was just all confused. "Okay, back up the truck for a moment. Listen, you guys probably know who the doctor is; because you go to him Matt, and you're going to go to him Kelly. But who in the world is this Dr. Kloefer?"

Matt smiled as he looked at Antonio. "Psychologist specializing in PTSD." Antonio turned to look at Kelly as he said that. "You think you have PTSD?" Kelly agreed. "Same reasons as Matt. Ex-firefighter, Andy's death, stuff like that. But not as bad as him. I think I would just need medication, and not have a dog. I swear, Matt has it way worse than me." Matt agreed with Kelly as he went ahead and took another puff of his cigar. "Tell me about it, especially my last round of PTSD." Antonio agreed with Matt as he said that, before realizing that he didn't even ask what it was about; that is, if he wanted to share. "Do you want to tell us what the last round of PTSD was about?" Taking a breath, Matt sighed as he looked at the both of them. "My childhood trauma." Antonio and Kelly were both about to take a buff of their cigars, until they heard what Matt's last round of PTSD was about: the abuse he had at the hands of his father. "How bad?" Matt sighed as Kelly asked him that. "The last thing I said before waking up, was: No dad. Stop. I don't want this."

Stopping in his tracks as he went to take another puff of his cigar, Antonio just looked at his brother-in-law after he said that. "Oh, God."

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He's heard those words before, when he was questioning victims in the past, victims of sexual abuse, at the hands of their own father. And based on what he just heard; the former detective knew right away (without even asking him) what his PTSD was about. "Oh, god." Matt agreed with Antonio as he said that, because he knew that he could clearly tell what he was referring to. His best friend, not so much. Turning his head, Matt just looked at Kelly who looked lost. "You still lost in the cloud there Kelly?" Kelly took a breath as Matt asked him that, because he didn't know what his friend was talking about. He didn't know what he was referring to, and what he was dealing with just a little while ago. "Okay, I am going to sound like a jerk for this; but I am really lost." Taking a breath, Antonio went ahead and leaned over; that way, he could tell him (and spare Matt the need to). "Idiot, he's talking about his dad molesting him." Kelly then realized that, and just turned to look at his best friend. "Oh shit." Matt agreed with Kelly as he said that.

After which, he proceeded to take another puff of his cigar, which is something that he needed, as he needed to make sure that he got a good puff in ahead of the two of them talking about it some more. At the same time, Matt felt Andy come join him on the couch; probably due to the fact that his pet knew that he needed him close right now. And that most certainly was the case, as he truly did appreciate the feeling of him being close; especially when he was right next to him, which his head in his lap. It was almost as comfortable as Gabby cuddling up to him, while not wearing a bra. "Yet me guess, that guy is cozy right now." Matt agreed with Kelly as he asked him that, before rubbing Andy's head and smiling at him. "He most certainly is, and he's just glad that he's getting to spend some time with us guys. He doesn't like to spend time with the girls." And that was when he heard his wife come upstairs. "Seriously? Did you really just say that Matthew?" Turning his head, Matt smiled at Gabby. "Love you." Gabby agreed with Matt.