Chapter 28: A Deal of Power

Start from the beginning

Lutheran's Thoughts: (Then there's her. Sherry, the naive daughter of that foolish woman who I took in as my stepdaughter after I killed her. After years of lying and deceiving her for my personal gain, never would I think that she would be listening in after I told that boy the entire truth...)

Lutheran: That boy....

Lutheran: Kagari Kagenou

Lutheran's Thoughts: (That relentless, annoying child. I underestimated how perceptive that boy was. He was suspicious of me from the very beginning before the attack commenced. All I did was play right into his hands.)

Lutheran's Thoughts: (But my plan failed, and I was defeated. Now, I'm here. An inmate on death row, awaiting my upcoming execution...)

Lutheran clenched his fists in anger.

Lutheran: Those two damn brats!! *cough* *cough*

He began to cough up blood from his mouth, his illness had returned shortly after his imprisonment. After he stopped coughing, he looked at the blood on his hand.

Lutheran's Thoughts: (This illness, my failures, this imprisonment, my execution, I don't deserve any of this!! I do not!!!)

Lutheran: I was once a powerful swordsman, now I'm a weak old man on his last days of life...this isn't the fate I deserve....!!!

Lutheran: I should have lived the life of a great champion! Full of triumphs and glory! But instead, it was filled with only darkness!

Lutheran thought back to the power he had in his hands when he possessed the Eye of Avarice.

Lutheran: I need power, more power than the amount I had when I controlled that artifact. Power...Power...I need power!! I WANT POWER!!!

Just then, a voice could be heard within Lutheran's head.

???: Ah, I see. So, that is your true desire...

Lutheran: Who's there? Show yourself?

???: I have come for you, Lutheran Barnett. I have been watching over you for a long, long time.

Lutheran: Where are you hiding?! Show me your face!

???: It time....

Lutheran: Who are you?

???: I am a being who understands you, who can help you, someone who can bestow upon you the power and strength that you desire...

Lutheran: Can you actually give me power, or are you just a figment of my imagination here to toy with me.

???: I am no mere figment, you ignorant mortal! But to answer your question, I can bestow you power. Enough to cure that illness of yours, along with so much more than you could ever dream of...

???: Even enough for you to exact your vengeance on those you have wronged you so greatly...

Lutheran: You didn't answer my question, what are you? How are you inside of my head?

???: I am someone with power not even the Gods of this pathetic world could fathom. And If you want my power, there is only one thing that you must do...

Lutheran: What must I do?

???: Close your eyes....

Listen to the voice, Lutheran closed his eyes.

???: Good. Now open them, human.

Lutheran opens his eyes.

Lutheran: I don't understand, why did you have me do that? Was it some kind of test.

???: No, you fool. Look down to the puddle of water below your feet. Then you will be able to see me.

Lutheran walked towards the puddle of water in his cell and looked down to see something that shocked him.

He wasn't seeing his reflection in the puddle. Instead, he saw someone else.

Much like Lutheran, he was an old man with gray hair, light red eyes, and a blood-red blob symbol on his torso. He wore a tattered blackish-purple hooded cloak, a pale yellow bone-like mask over his mouth, and two metallic horn-like objects extending from his upper back. His eyes glowed pinkish-purple.

???: It is done, congratulations. Although, I despise the fact that I'm relying on a mere human for my own survival.

Lutheran: Who are you?

???: Consider this an honor, mortal...

Yogumunt: You have been chosen by me, Yogumunt

Yogumunt: You have been chosen by me, Yogumunt. The Monarch of Transfiguration, King of Demonic Specters, and one of the 9 Monarchs. From this day forward, you are my new vessel.

Lutheran: Vessel? Monarchs? I don't understand...

Yogumunt: Of course you don't, only a few in that weak organization of yours know of our existence. I will be kind enough to inform you, but before we do know this...you are here to help me exact my vengeance and in return, I'll assist you in yours. That is the deal I am willing to make.

Yogumunt: Do you accept?

Seeing this all powerful being making a contract with him, Lutheran smiled.

Lutheran: Yes. Yes, I do.

Yogumunt: Good, human. Now, sit down. There is much that we have to discuss...Lutheran Barnett.

The Monarch of Transfiguration has now found his successor.