The Chairman nods, "You're right."

"So what do you suggest?" Miss. Das questions me, in a jeering, derisive manner.

I clench my jaw. "Is that my job? Is that why you get paid? So you can make your boss do your work?"

She blinks, pulling back and burning in humiliation as her juniors glance at her in pity.

I get up from my chair and move towards the presentation screen, beckoning the presenter to give up on his laptop. He quickly steps aside and I hunch over the podium, opening the browser and pulling up the search results for the worlds popular motorsport event.

"FIA," I glance towards the screen. "How many of you have heard of the Indian Grand Prix?"

A young man quickly raises his hand. "It was a formula 1 race. But 2014 onwards they stopped because of tax issues with the Uttar Pradesh government. They never returned to India." He pouts in the end.

I nod. "The Venue used to be Buddh International Circuit in Noida, am I right?"

He beams. "Yes! I went there once. It was amazing."

"The Indian Grand Prix had the potential to generate around $170 million in revenue and employ as many as 10,000 people. And it was wasted due to disputes between the ruling government and FIA. Now there's a little to no chance of their return, unless the side that cut off the partnership tries."

"Are you saying we can tie up with them? And set up a venue here in our state?" The team leader inquires further.

I shrug.

"I agree the idea sounds great, but it's ridiculously extravagant." Miss. Das speaks.

That's the point, sweetheart. I want you to waste the money in the greed of earning more.

"And honestly, sir, we don't have enough time in our hands. The launch is four months away." She continues, looking at the Chairman earnestly.

"I'm an audience here, Miss. Das, he's your boss not me." He slams down her hope.

She swallows and sits straight.

"Our relations with the current government are not that great, Shourya. While your plan sounds good, it's not practical. At least not anytime soon."

"We can push the dates further." I suggest.

"We can't." He replies. "The date is fixed, and you know I never go back on my words."

"Can we try once?" The young man chimes in unexpectedly. "Please?" He looks around the table, at the people looking at him in confusion. "Shourya sir is so right. Getting a fifty year old as our brand ambassador might create a hype, but not the kind Rajawat Motors deserve. The youth of India has been anticipating the F1 return since 2014."

"Just cut it out. They won't even be driving our cars." Miss. Das rolls her eyes.

"Of course, they won't." He says, almost irritated. "F1 uses open-wheel, open-cockpit, single-seat racing cars having 1.6 litre four-stroke turbocharged 90 degree V6 double-overhead camshaft reciprocating engines." She appears flabbergasted with the info dump. I hide the quirk of my lips beneath the disguise of clearing my throat. The young man realises everything went right over her head so he simplifies, "You can't compare a foal with a horse. I love and respect our company, but we can't outright compete with the big giants the moment we enter the race course. But we can definitely tie up with them, we can make ourselves seen, and we can make our youth proud. Who wouldn't want an Indian brand to one day become one of the engine suppliers to the biggest motorsport event in the world?"

Redemption of Royals (Royal #1: Book 3) | ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara